We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buy books and music CD's in Copenhagen

Which Copenhagen hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Markopoulo
Level Contributor
504 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Buy books and music CD's in Copenhagen

In the middle of August i'll be in Copenhagen and I was wandering where I could buy books and/or music CD's. I'm interested in books in english and mostly rock/goth/metal CD's. I don't care if it's a big chain or a small "hidden" shop. I'll be mostly "moving" in Indre By-Vesterborg-Fredriksberg.

Any syggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Tassos

Ballerup, Denmark
Level Contributor
918 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Buy books and music CD's in Copenhagen

What kind of books are you looking for? Mainstream novels or sci-fi, fantasy, something else?

Markopoulo
Level Contributor
504 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Buy books and music CD's in Copenhagen

Anything will do but let's say mostly crime novels (Nesbo, Mankell and the like), sci-fi and fantasy.

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
1,197 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Buy books and music CD's in Copenhagen

Arnold Busck

Politiken (City Hall Square)

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
1,197 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Buy books and music CD's in Copenhagen

Sexbeat Records (Latin Quarter)

Soundstation (Frederiksberg)

Ballerup, Denmark
Level Contributor
918 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Buy books and music CD's in Copenhagen

You can check out Arnold Busck on Købmagergade 50 (right across from the Round Tower). They have a decent selection of English books, mostly mainstream and crime novels.

There's also Fantask - a small basement shop on Sankt Peders Stræde 18, they have a huge selection of primarily fantasy and sci-fi in English - also graphic novels and comic books (be aware they have two shops almost opposite each other, one has board games and miniatures while the other is the book shop).

As for the music, you can check out Rock Uglen on Frederiksborggade 40 (mostly rock) or any of the Fona shops (all kinds of music), the one on Strøget is one of the larger ones I think.

Markopoulo
Level Contributor
504 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Buy books and music CD's in Copenhagen

Thanks both of you for the suggestions, I'll check them all.

Edited: 10:44 am, July 28, 2014
7. Re: Buy books and music CD's in Copenhagen

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, July 30, 2015