We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

International connection CPH

Which Copenhagen hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Los Angeles...
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
International connection CPH

I have two separate reservations on Norwegian air. The first is LAX-CPH and then two hours after arrival, CPH-LGW. Norwegian recommended a two hour minimum but I was just wondering about how long it might take to get through customs, pick up our luggage and reboard after checking bags and going through security.

Any idea of how the process works would be helpful.

Thanks

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
5,351 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: International connection CPH

Am no expert on Copenhagen "transfers", but overall you should be OK, I think. Quickest time from airplane to luggage belt and then arrival/departure hall should normally be around 30 mins or so, but coming from an overseas destination with a lot of luggage on the plane & some possible paper checking will probably mean a bit more.

If there´s a large queue for the GTW departure, you should inform staff by the queue.

Edited: 4:11 am, June 08, 2014
Arcadia, California
Level Contributor
1,757 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: International connection CPH

Toby, try and post your question on the Air Travel forum. You are more likely to get a response from travelers who have done this type of transfer and can tell you whether you have to go through passport control and customs, or if you can stay in the transit area.

You should also ask Norwegian if it is possible to check your luggage through, even with 2 separate tickets.

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g1-i10702-Air_Trav…

3. Re: International connection CPH

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, June 10, 2015