We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sports store / pet shop?

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
161 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
sports store / pet shop?

Hello, I will be at copenhagen at the end of May, and Im really looking forward to it.

I tried to google some pet shop and sports store that sells football shirts, however it seems there's isnt any or only a few of them. Do you guys have any recommendation regarding this?

Ballerup, Denmark
Level Contributor
930 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: sports store / pet shop?

There's a shop on Vesterbrogade 4 called Unisport, they have a lot of football shirts. Don't expect a megastore though, it's fairly small, but is worth checking out if you're in the area.

The biggest club in town, FC Copenhagen, have their own large store on Øster Alle 56 (in one corner of the football stadium) - but obviously only with their own stuff. Might be worth a visit if you want some football stuff unique to Copenhagen though.

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
5,511 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: sports store / pet shop?

A pet shop is roughly translated as "dyrehandel" or "dyrecenter", and Copenhagen is "København", in Danish, if you want to Google it.

But it also depends on what exactly you are looking for; I suppose you mean some sort of pet accessories or the like.

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
161 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: sports store / pet shop?

Jacob D

Thanks for your reply and make a note of that, the Copenhagen shop is abit off track from the place we planned, but I will see if I can squeee some time in to pay a visit there.

Joen.dk

Thanks for your reply as well, and yes, Im just look for pet accessories. I will google it with the translated word you provided for me.

Actually, I will be arriving at around 19:30, so Im guessing will arrive at hotel roughly before 9. Most places close early at Copenhagen except for some restaurants? Do you guys have any suggestions in what we can do during this late night?

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
5,511 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: sports store / pet shop?

I´d just relax and take a stroll in some of the old quarters of the city and get a feeling for it, perhaps including say Gråbrødretorv and Nyhavn.

You could go to Tivoli too, recommended in the evening, but perhaps a bit too much upon travelling.

Shops will be closed that late. The canal boat tours go until 8 - 8.30 p.m. or so. For concerts, events etc., check out www.kultunaut.dk , though concerts tend to start earlier. If it´s in July during the jazz festival for instance, there are free open-air jazz concerts in the evening too.

Edited: 11:07 am, May 18, 2014
5. Re: sports store / pet shop?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, May 20, 2015