We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

copenhagen-billund day trip doable?

Gothenburg
Level Contributor
59 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
copenhagen-billund day trip doable?

Hi all!

Planning to visit Legoland in 2 weeks time and Copenhagen would be our base. Is it possible to go to Legoland for a daytrip with a 5 year old? Or do we have to spend the night in Billund?

Thanks all in advance!

Copenhagen
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: copenhagen-billund day trip doable?

I am not familiar with the transport to Billund。But if you are oing there for Lego-land you could alternatively consider one of these options closer to Copenhagen:www.bonbonland.dk, or www.sommerpark.dk, or www.Bakken.dk, or of cause www.Tivoli.dk.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
7 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: copenhagen-billund day trip doable?

Staying the night in the area would be a better option considering that you're travelling with a small child. Billund is roughly 3 hours' drive from Copenhagen.

Copenhagen, Denmark.
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: copenhagen-billund day trip doable?

I guess you could do the trip, but would return with an EXHAUSTED child considering him having fun and thereafter going late to bed. Also be aware that Legoland closes quite early, a minus if you arrive at around 11-12.

Travel:P

Horsens, Denmark
Level Contributor
198 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: copenhagen-billund day trip doable?

I think, like "nissemand", it is better to stay overnight in Billund.I will recommend Hotel Propellen (www.propellen.dk).Very nice hotel with a friendly staff.The hotel is only 500 m from Legoland

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
326 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: copenhagen-billund day trip doable?

If money is no isue you can fly from Copenhagen to Billund Airport which is RIGHT next door - you can walk to Legoland.

There are several flights in each direction every day.

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
2 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: copenhagen-billund day trip doable?

We just drove from Copenhagen to Legoland. From Budget rent-a-car by the train station downtown, it took three and a half hours driving the speed limit--that was without stopping at all. I would not recommend doing the round trip in a day for adults or children. We spent the night near the park and drove back the next day and were still exhausted.

The Legoland website will help you book rooms in a number of nearby properties, not just their own hotel. You can also find a number of country inns at this site, www.krohotel.dk

Be aware that you will pay 200 kr toll each way on the bridge to Funen. Legoland has a deal where they rebate 50 percent of the return toll, but you must get a receipt on the way there---so go through the "manual" lane at the toll plaza. The credit card lanes don't give a receipt.

Gothenburg
Level Contributor
59 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: copenhagen-billund day trip doable?

Thank you for all your input! We're off to Copenhagen this weekend already. Son's all excited about Legoland...

Again, thanks a lot! =)

8. Re: copenhagen-billund day trip doable?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, August 14, 2009