We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Copenhagen in September

Which Copenhagen hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
8 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Copenhagen in September

I am planning a trip to Copenhagen in September and would like to visit other cities in the region like Berlin, etc.

What cities are easy to get to from Copenhagen? Is it best to drive between there and Berlin to see the countryside? Or take a train?

My dream is to stay in a Swiss Chalet on this trip but I don't know if that's too far away or realist in ten days.

So far my list is:

Somewhere in Switzerland

Copenhagen

Berlin

Any other suggestions? Thanks!!!

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
5,114 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Copenhagen in September

There are plenty of convenient flights, including budget ones, between Swiss cities, Berlin and Copenhagen. Also many rail connections. And the road distance is certainly doable as well.

www.EasyJet.com , www.norwegian.com , www.flysas.com and Swissair are among the most the relevant companies; you can compare fares at sites like www.momondo.com

www.bahn.com is a good site for checking out rail schedules in the whole of Europe.

Likewise, there are cheap bus lines for Berlin - Copenhagen, operated by Eurolines and Graahundbus.

As always, the prettiest scenery is often found when exploring minor roads, when one has the time for it.

Other major cities that come to mind concerning land transport are, IMO, Prague, or Amsterdam.

Edited: 3:07 am, April 15, 2014
Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
5,114 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Copenhagen in September

Secret gem, south of Hannover, public transport not so good, however:

Quedlinburg

3. Re: Copenhagen in September

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, April 17, 2015