We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Copenhagen in very early March

Which Copenhagen hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
ny
Level Contributor
70 posts
Save Topic
Copenhagen in very early March

Hello,

I would love to visit Copenhagen and have the opportunity in very early March but unsure of what to expect and if this time of year will be worth it, meaning will the weather put a damper on really enjoying the city? Can someone tell me exactly what to expect, bitter cold, snow, and theamount of daylight? As well, can anyone suggest what to do for someone in their 30's or must see as I would only have about three days there and would really like to enjoy the Danish people as well!

Also, I am assuming majority of people speak English, is this correct?

Thank you to all!!

Ballerup, Denmark
Level Contributor
924 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Copenhagen in very early March

March is one of those totally unpredictable months. The average daytime temperature is around 6-10 degrees (celsius), but it can be below freezing with snow or 20 degrees and sunny - you never know!

March 1, the sun comes up at around 7 in the morning and sets around 6 in the evening.

As to must-see sites, it really depends on your interests. A handy option is to do the Copenhagen Free Walking Tour on your first day, that'll give you an idea of what to check out more closely later.

I'd say 9 out of 10 speak English and 10 out of 10 at tourist sites and restaurants etc., so that won't be a problem.

ny
Level Contributor
70 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Copenhagen in very early March

Thank you! Would you happen to have any further information on the free walking tour as I didn't see it on the tourism website.

Thanks for all your help!!!

Ballerup, Denmark
Level Contributor
924 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Copenhagen in very early March

Hmm it usually autolinks, look like I forgot an 's' at the end :)

It's this one: http://www.copenhagenfreewalkingtours.dk/

You can also see their reviews here on Tripadvisor (under Attractions -> Activities).

ny
Level Contributor
70 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Copenhagen in very early March

Kindest Regards!!

5. Re: Copenhagen in very early March

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:27 am, February 18, 2015