We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 days in Copenhagen

Reno
Level Contributor
66 posts
Save Topic
2 days in Copenhagen

Hello, We are planning a 2 day side trip out of Hamburg traveling by train. I would like to know the best place to stay with that in mind. We will be sightseeing by foot / local transit and would like to be in an area where we can see sights, have dinner and enjoy Copenhagen by foot and maximizing our short stay. What would you suggest seeing in 2 days?

Sept.2014

Thank you so very much in advance. Our first visit.

Henry.

Edited: 5:08 pm, November 04, 2013
Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 days in Copenhagen

What's your budget?

Hans

Reno
Level Contributor
66 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 2 days in Copenhagen

Hans, Hello we were hoping to spend around $300 US for 2 nights. I guess it would depend on the location and what makes sense for 2 nights. 2 nights is a short time so I don't want to have to rely on buses/taxis. So, convenience is the most important thing for us. Walking a few blocks is no big deal.

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
218 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2 days in Copenhagen

Andersen Hotel is very central and seem to fit your budget (and get nice TA reviews ;)

andersen-hotel.dk/en/…

Reno
Level Contributor
66 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: 2 days in Copenhagen

Let me ask this of you. If you had 2 days to visit would you go to the " big name" Copenahgen city or would you go to another city / area? Keeping in mind by rail from Hamburg. I ask this because large cities seem difficult to navigate especially with a short 2 day stay. Everyone knows the name but perhaps there is another option.

Thanks!

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
1,197 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 2 days in Copenhagen

Copenhagen is very compact, walkable and extremely easy to navigate. In two days you can see a lot and even manage to see one museum.

It's got the perfect size.

Mexico City, Mexico
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: 2 days in Copenhagen

Hi,

Copenhagen is small and compact as said above it is possible to visit anywhere by foot. My suggestion though would be to rent bikes when there as Copenhagen is one of the worlds most bike friendly cities so it makes getting around much easier and you are not as tired at the end of the day.

For suggestions of places to see there are some good suggestions and a map on travellingforfun.com/visitdenmark-5-things-t…

Ross

7. Re: 2 days in Copenhagen

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, November 12, 2014