We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Copenhagen for New Years 2013

Which Copenhagen hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
3 posts
Save Topic
Copenhagen for New Years 2013

Hello all,

Me and my girlfriend are travelling to Copenhagen for New Years 31/12/13 - 02/01/14. I was wondering if anybody can help answer some questions?

Will there be restaurants available without having to pre book on new years eve?

Are there any restaurants you can recommend that will provide a "Danish experience" so traditional food not a Chinese restaurant etc?

What time would you recommend arriving at the Central Square to watch the fireworks(for a good spot)?

Are all shops/restaurants/bars closed on New Years day? Or will there be some open to visit or is the whole of Copenhagen in shutdown?

I understand from some research that New Years in Denmark is mainly a private and family traditional event so therefore appreciate any help towards finding me a plan of action in order to enjoy Copenhagen and celebrate New Years.

Thanks for any help in advance its very much appreciated.

Mitch :)

Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Copenhagen for New Years 2013

Hi all

I will be in Copenhagen with my husband from December 31 to January 3, and also we are looking for a place to spend New Year's Eve. I have seen that there are several possibilities and I selected the following:

- Nimb Terrasse at Tivoli Gardens

- SKT Petri Hotel

- Park Nightclub

- New Year Gala at Admiral Hotel

Could anyone give us some advice on these places or suggest others?

Many thanks

Francesca

22. Re: Copenhagen for New Years 2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, December 19, 2014