We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Clip cards

USA
Level Contributor
76 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Clip cards

Can anyone give a quick lesson for using the "clip card" for public transport in Copenhagen? I'm not familiar with the term "clip" - what exactly do you need to do with your card when on a train, metro or bus? Also, how do you know how many "clips" from the origin to the destination? Can I use a clip card to visit the Arken museum? What about the Louisiana?

Appreciate the guidance!

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Clip cards

This web page should explain most of what you need to know:

moviatrafik.dk/dinrejse/…English-tourist.aspx

Hans

USA
Level Contributor
76 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Clip cards

Sorry, but the link on my mobile takes me to a Danish website with no option for English. Can you cut and paste, or otherwise answer my questions?

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Clip cards

If you plan on taking the bus several times during your stay, it’s cheaper to use a discount card than buying single tickets. Discount cards are available for 10 journeys within two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight or all zones. If, for instance, you buy a discount card for two zones, you have to punch the number of times corresponding to the number of zones you’ll be travelling through. You can see the number of zones on the special zone maps at stations and bus stops. See example of zone map here.

On the back of the discount card, you can see how long the clip is valid.

Several people can travel together on a discount card. This makes the discount card the obvious choice for a group of people who want a flexible solution when moving around town.

USA
Level Contributor
76 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Clip cards

Thx! Does the clip card work for trains and buses to the museums, Arken and Lousiana?

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Clip cards

They work everywhere in Copenhagen and all North Zealand.

Hans

USA
Level Contributor
76 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Clip cards

Thanks Hans! If you dont mind, a follow up...if I have a 2-zone clip card, how many clips will I use each way to each of the museums I mentioned?

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Clip cards

Central Station to Arken is 5 zones, i.e. 3 clips on a 2-zone clip card. To Louisiana is 9 zones, i.e. 5 clips.

Hans

8. Re: Clip cards

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 3:35 pm, September 13, 2013
Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
553 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Clip cards

Dear Hans,

We have 5 person & one day will like to have a day trip in the city. Which one is better for us - 3 zones klippekort (DKK200) or one day city pass for zone 1-4 (DKK75 each)

We stay in Bella Sky so I think need 3 zones ?

Many thanks !!

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Clip cards

Metro from Bella Center to Kongens Nytorv is 2 zones.

Hans