We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Time from airport to city centre

London, United...
Level Contributor
169 posts
132 reviews
Save Topic
Time from airport to city centre

We are scheduled to land (with hand luggage only) at Copenhagen airport at 9.40am on a Sunday and plan to travel straight to our hotel in Nyhavn, by metro, to leave our bags before exploring. Do you think we could get to the town hall in time to join one of the 11am walking tours which start from there?

Copenhagen Free Walking Tours
City Tours, Walking Tours, Bar, Club & Pub Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Food Tours
Foods of Copenhagen - Culinary Tours
City Tours, Bike Tours, Walking Tours, Private Tours, Food Tours
SANDEMANs NEW Europe - Copenhagen
Sightseeing Tours, City Tours, Private Tours, Bar, Club & Pub Tours, Walking Tours
Nova Fairy Tales Copenhagen
Walking Tours, Bike Tours, Food Tours, Private Tours
Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Time from airport to city centre

If the plane is on time it should be doable, but quite tight.

Level Contributor
3,742 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Time from airport to city centre

Too tight in my opinion. I live in the City centre and it usually takes mé around a 60 - 90 minutes to get home via the Metro from the airport and I know exactly where I'm going.

It will take about 30 minutes from landing to taxi to the gate, disembark, complete immigration and walk through the airport to the metro station.

You then need to buy your tickets, walk to the platform and catch the Metro to KN. Then at the other end, find your hotel. At least another 30 minutes but probably more as you'll need to get your beatings when you exit the Metro.

It is then about a 10-15 minute walk from Nyhavn to Rådhusplasen.

I Think you'd have a better chance of making the Tour if you take the train from the airport to Central Station

and store your bags there, it is then just a few minute walk to Rådhusplasen.

One glimmer of hope I Can offer you - I've flown into CPH three times this month and All of my flights have been early by at least 15 minutes.

3. Re: Time from airport to city centre

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, August 19, 2014