We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Partying in Copenhagen?

4 posts
Save Topic
Partying in Copenhagen?

I'm going to Copenhagen for 4 nights in September, mon-fri, I am a 30 year old female and going with a friend. Basically we like a bit of sightseeing in the day, sitting at nice restaurants or outdoors with a beer and we like partying at night. Looking for somewhere similar to Berlin. Is Copenhagen for me? What time do clubs start getting busy, what time do they close? Any recommendations for clubs, we like rock/indie/punk basically alternative/hipster scene, we like meeting artists and musicians. I hear theres a lot of hippies in copenhagen, is this correct? Going to visit Christiania whilst there, any tips for going there?

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Partying in Copenhagen?

Partying in Denmark is mainly Thursday, Friday and Saturday.

Hans

4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Partying in Copenhagen?

Copenhagen is just amazing, go for it!!!! you going to have a great time girls.

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
1,197 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Partying in Copenhagen?

Nothing beats Berlin when it comes to going out. Especially with your preferences :)

Most clubs here wouldn't be to your liking. I'd recommend Culture Box. Try Rust as well. But it's even better just to go to some popular cafes/bodegas. It tends to be much fun!

Maybe you could check out KB18 as well. But my fav for alternative is Drone.

Edited: 3:21 am, August 02, 2013
Copenhagen
Level Contributor
14 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Partying in Copenhagen?

Stay clear of the inner city. The weeks starts slowish in Copenhagen, don't expect too much clubbing in the beginning of the week. The hipster/indie scene is the neighborhood Vesterbro, especially the area around the square Enghave Plads in the beginning of the week and the Hvide Kødby (or Kødbyen) on Thursday and weekends. Music venues would be Stengade 30 or Rust in the neighborhood Nørrebro (in the same area you’ll find hipsterish cafes and bars too) or Loppen on Christiania. In September people will still be wanting to get most of the sun, which means that everything will start relatively early compared to winter time.

4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Partying in Copenhagen?

Brilliant thanks! Yeh it doesn't necessarily have to be clubs. Could you please name me some popular bars? Thank you :)

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
1,197 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Partying in Copenhagen?

Dyrehaven cafe

Mesteren og lærlingen

PatePate

Harbo bar

Jolene

Riesen

4 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Partying in Copenhagen?

Many thanks. I'm excited!

8. Re: Partying in Copenhagen?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, August 06, 2014