We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flea market, looking for design goodies

Which Copenhagen hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Taipei, Taiwan
3 posts
Save Topic
Flea market, looking for design goodies

Hi,

If I wish to go to flea market on Sunday 14th July to find some design goodies, which one would you recommend? Østerbro, Søllerød, Nørrebro, Gentofte, Dan Bla Hal, B&W Loppemarked...or any other choices?

Since I'm a traveler and have very limited time, I would like to go to only one with quality items not a garage sale. Thanks for the advices in advance.

1. Re: Flea market, looking for design goodies

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 2:42 pm, June 30, 2013
Edited: 2:42 pm, June 30, 2013
Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
5,351 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flea market, looking for design goodies

It´s quite impossible to know where to make finds; I go to these markets myself to find rare LPs, but haven´t noticed any of the flea markets as being particularly orientated towards 20th-century design. If possible, try to squeeze in several markets. And consider Saturday in stead!

It seems that you know the rather huge website www.markedskalenderen.dk ; look for København and Frederiksberg Kommuner/municipalities in particular. Some of the minor mentioned flea markets on the Markedskalenderen website are really, really small, though.

Søllerød and Gentofte are situated well outside Copenhagen, but in rich districts; I haven´t seen their markets.

A lot of the stands are usually quite garage-sale like (clothes, cheap second-hand budget stuff, toys etc.), and they don´t have much modern design. Exceptions with more experienced dealers are Halmtorvet and Thorvaldsens Plads (both Saturdays only), but there will only be limited amounts of 20th century design. Another large, mixed market on Saturdays only is the one behind Frederiksberg Town Hall.

Østerbro: it is right next to Svanemøllen station: cheap, not so small, but garage-sale like.

Onkel Dannys on Halmtorvet:, near central station same.

Blågårds Plads: same, usually small.

Carlsberg Marked: not very big, same.

Den Blå Hal: a bit outside of the centre, not so easy to reach. Fee 10 DKK. Much of it junk, but a comparatively large amount of stuff. Perhaps combine a visit with nearby Vor Frelsers Kirke and Christianshavn/Christiania attractions to make a day of it. Experienced dealers however.

Guldbergsgade + Lygtens Lopper: usually very modest.

B&W: haven´t been there, but seems to focus on the 50s - 60s - 70s A bit out of town too.

Others here may know more ;-).

Edited: 2:47 pm, June 30, 2013
3. Re: Flea market, looking for design goodies

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, July 02, 2014