We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where should I stay for one night before our cruise?

Which Copenhagen hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Calgary
Level Contributor
9 posts
91 reviews
Save Topic
Where should I stay for one night before our cruise?

The 6 of us will be arriving Copenhagen on July 4 around 11am and will leave around 5pm on July 5.

1. Where should we stay so we can be close by to do some sightseeings? Should we stay close to the Tivoli Garden or the Vesterbro districts? I found 1 hotel the Copenhagen Stand, and it indicates it is 5 minutes to the main street of Stroget, is this a good choice?

2. Since we have only 2 short half days and this is our first time in Copenhagen, we need some suggestions for activities.

Thanks.

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where should I stay for one night before our cruise?

You may get some inspiration here:

visitcopenhagen.com/see-and-do/top-attractio…

Hans

Calgary
Level Contributor
9 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where should I stay for one night before our cruise?

Thanks Hans. I am checking that site and got some info.

Monroe, Louisiana
Level Contributor
202 posts
190 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where should I stay for one night before our cruise?

I personally liked the Marriott It's .on the water But expensive ($300 a night and a good breakfast Buffett that is over $25)) it is 3 blocks from Tivoli. We ate dinner at Tivoli. . Canal tour will pick you up at hotel and it stops at Nyhaven and goes by The Little Mermaid. A good way to see a lot in a short time.

About a $35 taxi ride from airport to hotel and another $15 to ship. Credit cards acceoted. Wonderful,friendly city so get out and explore it.

new york
Level Contributor
29 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where should I stay for one night before our cruise?

Catbird

We are staying at the Marriott this July one prior to our cruise. Which company stops at the hotel for the canal tour? We are trying to figure out our schedule for the 2 half days we have. Also, how was the food at Tivoli? We plan on having dinner there? Can you recommend a restaurant? Thanks!

Monroe, Louisiana
Level Contributor
202 posts
190 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where should I stay for one night before our cruise?

We ate at a place called the Groften. I thought it was good but many choices. . Ate early because we were exhausted. I think Tivoli would have much prettier at night. Don't know the name of the tour company. We took the first boatof the day ( around 9) the morning of the cruise.

We just bought the tickets at the Marriott. It stopped at Nyhaven and we got to see all of that but did not get off. Not sure if we could hop on or hop off. It does go by the little Mermaid and you see it up close from the water. It takes you back to the Marriott but you could stay on and go back to Nyhaven if you wanted.

I thought the canal tour was a good way to see a lot of Copenhagen in the short time we had I believe it cost around $15.

new york
Level Contributor
29 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where should I stay for one night before our cruise?

Thanks for responding...I am happy to hear we can be dropped off at Nyhaven, it will save us walking there if we decide to do the canal tour the morning we get there.

I don't know how tired we will be that first day and was hoping to still be at Tivoli when it was dark.

We are 2 adults and 2 teens, not a lot of luggage, was that the standard cost for the taxis?

Monroe, Louisiana
Level Contributor
202 posts
190 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where should I stay for one night before our cruise?

It cost us around $35. But there were only two of us. If you and your bags can fit in one cab that should be about it

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where should I stay for one night before our cruise?

A taxi (for max 4 persons) from the airport to Marriott should be approx. DKK 170-240 - depending on which route the driver takes.

Hans

new york
Level Contributor
29 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Where should I stay for one night before our cruise?

Catbird

Thanks again...I know the Marriott is expensive, we are using Amex points for the room and plan on using a Marriott gift card (from Amex also) to pay for breakfast. Did they have a big gift shop, in case we have money left over on the gift card we can use the balance up there.

Monroe, Louisiana
Level Contributor
202 posts
190 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Where should I stay for one night before our cruise?

I used Amex points too. Well breakfast will run you about $30 each but it is very good. I do think there was a small gift shop. I also think the canal tour if you do that can be charged to your room maybe but not positive. About $15 each. I also think if you do not use the entire gift card the balance stays on it. Also, a taxi to the cruise port is cheaper than using the shuttle.