We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

City Hotel Nebo vs Hotel Bethel

Which Copenhagen hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Orange County, CA
Level Contributor
89 posts
204 reviews
Save Topic
City Hotel Nebo vs Hotel Bethel

I am travelling solo in June to Copenhagen for 2 nights prior to a cruise. i have narrowed down my hotel options to two: City Hotel Nebo on Istedgade 6 or Hotel Bethel on Nyhavn 22.

The price difference is $55.

I haven't been to Copenhagen but I want to make sure I am in a safe area especially at night and also proximity to airport, tourist spots and pier.

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
5,125 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: City Hotel Nebo vs Hotel Bethel

I haven´t stayed at any of them, but Nebo is in the Red Light District. The Nyhavn area is lively in the summer season though, with a good deal of partying. Check out the reviews concerning that. But none of the areas can actually be characterized as quiet. Nebo has the Central Station nearby, Bethel has Kongens Nytorv Metro Station, both very convenient for transport to the airport. Bethel is in the prettier area, by far.

Edited: 7:41 pm, March 11, 2013
Orange County, CA
Level Contributor
89 posts
204 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: City Hotel Nebo vs Hotel Bethel

Thank you the other option to save $$$ is to stay in dorm style hostels but I'm not really prepared to share facilities... These 2 are the cheapest 2star hotels with private bath and wifi. Thank you for your input!

Arcadia, California
Level Contributor
1,699 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: City Hotel Nebo vs Hotel Bethel

If you decide on the Bethel, request a room at the back of the building. You won't have the great view of the canal, but you will also avoid all the street noise which in Nyhavn can go on all night. It is a very basic, but friendly hotel and for the price and location one of the best values in Copenhagen.

uk
Level Contributor
3,538 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: City Hotel Nebo vs Hotel Bethel

Have you considered renting a private room or apartment through airbnb.com

Certainly worth a look IMO if you want to stay for a reasonable price.

Also,while the Anderson is located in the Red Light District, the area is still pretty safe, as long as you're not easily offended I wouldn't automatically discount this option.

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
1,197 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: City Hotel Nebo vs Hotel Bethel

I'd go for Nebo. Two of my friends stayed there and were very satisfied. Don't be scared of red light district. It means some sex shops and 4-5 girls down on the street. Your hotel is in the beginning of the street surrounded mainly by restaurants. You will be stone's throw from the central station, Tivoli, and close to both center and the popular Vesterbro with many good places for food, coffee, go out places etc.

Orange County, CA
Level Contributor
89 posts
204 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: City Hotel Nebo vs Hotel Bethel

Thank you. Picked Bethel because Nebo doesn't offer free wifi nor breakfast. Looked at photos too and saw Bethel's right by the canal. They have also been prompt in their email communications . Thank you for all your tips!

Orange County, CA
Level Contributor
89 posts
204 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: City Hotel Nebo vs Hotel Bethel

Thank you. Picked Bethel because Nebo doesn't offer free wifi nor breakfast. Looked at photos too and saw Bethel's right by the canal. They have also been prompt in their email communications . Thank you for all your tips!

8. Re: City Hotel Nebo vs Hotel Bethel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, March 15, 2014