We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone spend a semester in Copenhagan/ know someone who did?

Which Copenhagen hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
new jersey
Level Contributor
246 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Anyone spend a semester in Copenhagan/ know someone who did?

Son thinking about spending fall semester studying there. Not planning on going with anyone. Thoughts on language/weather/travel from here? He has not been to Europe. Thanks!

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone spend a semester in Copenhagan/ know someone who did?

Most people in Denmark speak English. SAS have direct flight from Newark to Copenhagen. I believe a US airline also have direct flights from NYC area.

The weather will change a lot from September to December - from late summer (can be quite good) via autumn (mostly wet and windy) to winter (wet and windy and maybe frosty).

Hans

new jersey
Level Contributor
246 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone spend a semester in Copenhagan/ know someone who did?

Thank you! Since he would not be going with anyone he knows..is it a popular destination for students studying abroad? Will he have difficulty meeting other college students? Any suggestions/books etc. for that age group much appreciated!

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anyone spend a semester in Copenhagan/ know someone who did?

There are many foreign students in Copenhagen.

Hans

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
1,558 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anyone spend a semester in Copenhagan/ know someone who did?

Here is the official webpage for students from abroad studying on Denmark:

http://studyindenmark.dk/

There is a Facebook group too:

https://www.facebook.com/studyindk

maw
Washington State
Level Contributor
18 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anyone spend a semester in Copenhagan/ know someone who did?

So glad to see this recent post!

Our daughter is also working on applying through her University to study abroad in Copenhagen - I think she is trying for Spring 2014. This is news to us as she had been talking about Austria or Italy, the courses offered in Copenhagen are better for her major and minors from her research I guess.

She has never been overseas, I am hoping someone else from her college will be going at the same time.

Minneapolis
Level Contributor
137 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Anyone spend a semester in Copenhagan/ know someone who did?

My daughter is there now and is loving it! Very expensive, but really a great safe city. She did not go with anyone she knew, and has met great kids. So far so good!

calgary,ab
Level Contributor
162 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Anyone spend a semester in Copenhagan/ know someone who did?

My daughter will be going next year for both semesters. I am curious. How much more expensive is it?

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
5,127 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Anyone spend a semester in Copenhagan/ know someone who did?

For student life and saving money in Copenhagen, check out this thread:

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g189541-i218-k60…

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
7 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Anyone spend a semester in Copenhagan/ know someone who did?

My son is there right now with DIS. Having a great time. He did know one other kid in the program, but they are living about a 20 minute walk away from one another. He has met lots of nice people. One thing he has mentioned is that there are significantly more girls in the program than boys. His classes average about 20 kids, 16 girls to 4 boys. Maybe it's just his classes, but I think the program may tend to attract girls. Want to end with he says he's having a great time!

10. Re: Anyone spend a semester in Copenhagan/ know someone who did?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, February 24, 2014