We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Half day in Copenhagen and when to get to airport

Level Contributor
3 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
Half day in Copenhagen and when to get to airport

Hey guys, we have a long layover in Copenhagen where we get in at 10 p.m. on a Saturday in late April and leave for the U.S. at 3:45 p.m. the next day. We're coming from Italy, so no jet lag. I would really like to do a canal tour out of Nyhavn and visit Rosenborg Palace. The canal tours I've seen start around 9:30 a.m. and last an hour, so that part seems fine. But I'm concerned because Rosenborg won't open until 11 a.m. I normally wouldn't show up at the airport until 1:45 p.m. (two hours before flight), which means we would need to be on a train for the airport by 1:15 p.m., so we would have two hours at Rosenborg. But I've been seeing on the airport's website that you should show up three hours early for flights to America because of extra security, in which case we could spend just an hour at Rosenborg. Is that still enough time to see it? Keep in mind I'm not really interested in the gardens; more the jewels and other items inside. Also, do I really need to show up three hours early? It would be nice to not feel so rushed.

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Half day in Copenhagen and when to get to airport

1 hour is not enough time to see the crown jewels at Rosenborg.

2. Re: Half day in Copenhagen and when to get to airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, January 20, 2014