We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

From Copenhagen Central to the Airport (As fast as possible)

Which Copenhagen hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kyoto, Japan
7 posts
Save Topic
From Copenhagen Central to the Airport (As fast as possible)

Interesting question.

I have a train arriving from Germany at Copenhagen Central at 10:07 and a flight leaving from the airport (Terminal 2) at 12:45. I understand that the train between the two is very frequent and takes only 12 minutes, so I should be able to make it.

However, I need tips to make sure I can do this smoothly as possible.

Is it possible to buy tickets between Central Station and the airport before getting there? I won't have local currency so if I have to get the ticket, I'll have to use an ATM first.

Is it easy to navigate the train station to get to the train to the airport? I've never been there.

How big is the airport and do I need to worry about getting to Terminal 2?

Thanks in advance for any advice you can give.

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: From Copenhagen Central to the Airport (As fast as possible)

Why don't you buy your ticket direct from Germany to Copenhagen Airport?

The train station at the airport is direct under terminal 3 and it will take approx. 5 mins to walk to terminal 2.

Hans

Kyoto, Japan
7 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: From Copenhagen Central to the Airport (As fast as possible)

Such a journey would include local Danish trains so I can't book that from the Deutche Bahn website. Thanks for the thought though.

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
137 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: From Copenhagen Central to the Airport (As fast as possible)

I think, but I´m not 100 % postive though , that your ticket to Copenhagen also includes the connection to the airport, or any other train or s-train station within the greater Copenhagen area for that matter. Someone else might know this ?

As for changing trains at the Copenhagen Central thats fairly easy. The airport trains usually leave from platform 5, but check the noticeboards.

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: From Copenhagen Central to the Airport (As fast as possible)

You can't book online at DB website, but you can book at DB Reisecentrum.

Hans

Kyoto, Japan
7 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: From Copenhagen Central to the Airport (As fast as possible)

Hi Kristian,

Thanks for the pointer. I'll try to check with DB on if that's the case.

Is Copenhagen train system similar to the German system where all the platforms are open, you can get on any train you want, but if you get checked without a ticket you get a hefty fine?

Sushi

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
1,558 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: From Copenhagen Central to the Airport (As fast as possible)

Yes don't try to board without a ticket - they have zero tolerance, so don't chance it.

I think Hans makes a good point, by getting your ticket directly to the airport all you have to do is change trains at the central station.

There are ticket machines that will let you use a credit card to buy a ticket in the departure halls, but it will slow you down.

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
137 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: From Copenhagen Central to the Airport (As fast as possible)

Hi Sushi,

Yes ,the train system is the same including the hefty fines !

Now, regarding the validity of your train ticket for onward travel to the airport , as far as I have been able to make out, this might depend on the type of ticket you purchase. If it is a discounted ticket (Youth, Sparpreis, "Orange" etc) it may not be valid for onward travel, but if it is a fullprice standard ticket you should be fine. This is at least the case for Danish domestic tickets. Don´t know if this holds true for international tickets as well.

So try to hear what DB has to say about it.

Kyoto, Japan
7 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: From Copenhagen Central to the Airport (As fast as possible)

I was able to make the place no problem. Thanks for all the pointers!

9. Re: From Copenhagen Central to the Airport (As fast as possible)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, January 04, 2014