We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Quick visit in Copenhagen

Virginia, USA
Level Contributor
113 posts
71 reviews
Save Topic
Quick visit in Copenhagen

I will be stopping in Copenhagen on my way to Berlin and want to make the most of my time. I will travel next week.

I will arrive at the airport around noon on a Thursday and check in my hotel the Hilton at the Airport on arrival. I'm hoping I can be in the city by 2:00 pm so I should be able to fit in one museum or other site before closing. I scheduled a bus tour for Friday from 11-2 so I could see a lot quickly. I hope to see another site after the tour. I am reserving Tivoli for the evening when everything else is closed. If you could only visit 2 or 3 sites what would you do??

Also, if I want to eat near Tivoli, what would be a good place? I love all types of food. THANKS!!!!!

Edited: 12:18 pm, November 14, 2012
Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
1,558 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Quick visit in Copenhagen

You don't mention a budget - but Brasserie Degas at Trommesalen is a nice French style eatery very close to Tivoli. Also several restaurants inside the park are very nice - Brødrene Price, Nimb Terrasse and Madklubben.

Perhaps you have already booked the tour but in my opinion a bus tour in a city as small, convoluted and full of road works as Copenhagen is a waste of money and time. You could most likely pass most of the places on foot in the same time.

The sites most visitors go for is the Queens castle - Amalienborg - if you are there at 12 noon you get to see the changing of the guard. Not that far from the castle - a nice walk along the harbor front - you can nip by the little mermaid - but she is just that - little and a disappointment to most.

Rosenborg Castle with the crown jewels is also a favorite. And then just meandering around in the old inner city - see Nyhavn, pass Christiansborg with a quick glance at the Stock exchange.

If you by chance have a clear day a walk to the top of the round tower is a nice way to see something unique and the old city from above.

The area around the university and the cathedral with the Germany church is also a nice spot to see - but again walk, walk and explore in stead of getting rattled around in a bus.

2. Re: Quick visit in Copenhagen

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:18 am, December 16, 2013