We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Copenhagen flights to Stockholm

New York
Level Contributor
95 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Copenhagen flights to Stockholm

Dear all

I will be visiting Copenhagen. I know it's a beautiful city, but what I wanted to ask is is it possible to take a flight out of Copenhagen to Stockholm (early morning) and return back the same day?

Has anyone ever done this or is it do-able. I am under strict schedule so was wondering if there is a chance to do this...

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
1,558 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Copenhagen flights to Stockholm

Sure it can be done - your can look up flights at www.momondo.com.

Consider this: Most flights land at Arlanda airport - you can get on a fast express train into the city from there in 20 minutes, but the return fare is SKR 490.

Busses and regular train connections will take up to an hour each way - and you need to factor in the time whatever airline you choose wants you to be at the airport ahead of time.

If this is just to collect another country - why not just cross by train on the bridge between Denmark and Sweden and visit Malmö or the close by city of Lund?

New York
Level Contributor
95 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Copenhagen flights to Stockholm

Thanks Andreadoria56!

Actually I want to visit Sweden and Denmark, though not to collect or visit countries for sake of visiting. I want to explore what should be explored.

I think your suggestions are good...I just hope it can be done within a day. It doesn't have to be Stockholm. If there is any place like you mentioned where it would be nice to visit from Copenhagen, please do let me know kindly with details. :)

Thanks always for all your help

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
1,558 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Copenhagen flights to Stockholm

Well just as Denmark is not Copenhagen, then Sweden is not Stockholm or any one town. Sweden is a country with huge differences between North and South and between rural and urban.

You nearest city to visit from Copenhagen is Malmö it's 35 minutes away from Copenhagen by train - or 45 minutes by bus. You cross on a really cool bridge (and a tunnel) and the train ride need no planning ahead at all - they trains are running every 20 minutes or more often, you just buy a ticket and get on.

The busses run a lot less frequently and are also cheaper.

Malmö has a stunning piece of architecture called Turning Torso - the tallest buiding in Northern Europe - and the whole area around it is very nice especially in the summertime.

Malmö is a nice town with a small town feeling but still has nice modern art museums, and other attractions. You can read more about Malmö at this website:

http://www.malmotown.com/en

It you are more interested in stunning nature than townscapes - about an hour north of Malmö you find an area called Kullaberg - you can read more about that here: http://content.skane.com/en/node/3722

And then of course you could pop over to the Swedish Forum and get some advice from the real experts.

New York
Level Contributor
95 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Copenhagen flights to Stockholm

thanks so much :)

I'll definitely look into your suggestions..really helpful

5. Re: Copenhagen flights to Stockholm

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, November 26, 2013