We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Quick question about airport train stops

Ballarat, Australia
Level Contributor
31 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Quick question about airport train stops

Hi,

I am staying in a hotel near Dybbolsro St station and want to know whether the train from the aiport stops at this station or whether I should get the train to Copenhagen Central Station instead?

I have tried to look at the network maps, but they seem to be saying different things, either that or after a day at work my mind isn't working properly :)

Thanks for any help you can give.

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
1,558 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Quick question about airport train stops

No trains to or from the airport stops at Dybbølsbro - it's only serviced by S-train - so you have to take the S-train to the central station and get the train to the airport there.

Edited: 5:28 am, September 08, 2012
Ballarat, Australia
Level Contributor
31 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Quick question about airport train stops

Thank you!

Also, I am only there for 48 hours, there will be 3 adults. We're only really needing tickets from the airport, then back again the next day. Whats the cheapest way to do this? One way tickets each way? Is there a return ticket or should we use a klippekort split between the three of us?

Sorry for adding another question.

Once again, thanks for any help.

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
1,558 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Quick question about airport train stops

Buy a 10 clip two zone card at DDK 145 - clip five times from the airport (10 zones - you only need three each= 9 but this is the cheapest option) and clip five times when you go back to the airport.

But are you sure this is all the public transportation you need? Dybbølsbro is a bit away from the city center.

Ballarat, Australia
Level Contributor
31 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Quick question about airport train stops

I was going to get a 3 zone klippekort, clip three times from the airport to the city, then clip another 3 times when we go back to the airport the next afternoon, that way we only have to buy one klippekort for the return journey.

We're staying at the Wake Up Copenhagen, which I've read is a ten minute walk from the city centre. We like walking, it helps to see things especially when you only have just over a day and only have a few attractions on your 'must do' list. If we get tired, or find the distances too far then we'll buy a ticket for the buses/trains.

Ballarat, Australia
Level Contributor
31 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Quick question about airport train stops

Have just worked out your 2 zone klippekort is the better option- it's Sunday morning and my brain isn't working well yet :)

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
1,558 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Quick question about airport train stops

A 3 zone card is more expensive than a 2 zone card and you will have four unused clips. That is why I suggest a 2 zone card.

In my opinion the walk from central station is shorter than the walk from Dybbølsbro. Especially if you do not walk through the station itself.

As you leave the train go the the stairs leading up to a bridge over the tracks (opporsite the escalators leading up to the arrival halls). Turn left on the bridge to the nearest cross road then turn right and walk about 400 meters to Carsten Niebuhrs Gade, turn right and the hotel is on your right about 300 meter down the road.

7. Re: Quick question about airport train stops

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, September 30, 2013