We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to do during this weekend?

Singapore, null...
5 posts
Save Topic
What to do during this weekend?

I'm reaching CPH at 7.30am this sat. Check in to 1st hotel twentyseven at 2pm, what to do during the morning? Any nice breakfast/lunch places around?

Intend to have dinner at custombay-bar and grill. Nice place?

What to do on Sunday from morning til 2pm? Intending to go tivoli in the afternoon.

Leiden, The...
Level Contributor
441 posts
383 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What to do during this weekend?

tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i26460-4_days_o…

maybe my triplist can give some inspiration?

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
1,558 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What to do during this weekend?

Many things to do in the morning:

Get a feel for the city by going on a harbor tour

Go to the top of the Round Tower and admire the view - or the top of Our Saviors Church - the latter is a more difficult climb.

Ride the metro to the end of the Vestamager line and see some of the new architecture of the city - i.e. DR Byen or 8-tallet at the end of the line - where you also find a cafe that serves brunch.

And yes you will have no trouble finding a place to have brunch - good place is Kalaset Vendersgade 16 - or find something from the different stores at the nearby Torvehallerne on Israels Plads.

Regarding Custom House Bar and Grill - which I assume you mean - it will never be a favorite of mine. Other places like Mash, Retour, Nimb bar' Grill does this a whole lot better with a lot less attitude.

Illinois
Level Contributor
62 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What to do during this weekend?

I agree with the above poster, a canal tour is also fun, compare prices, some are much cheaper and just as good as the more expensive ones!

Tivoli Gardens is a must, especially in the evenings, really a fun place! Expensive, but worth it!

The Museum of Danish Resistance is free and an awesome WWII museum....my wife and I spent a great morning browsing through here, lots of great artifacts and really user-friendly displays!

Enjoy, God Bless!

Singapore, null...
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: What to do during this weekend?

Thanks for the suggestions.

I will only be there for 1 week, (business trip). I suppose the shops will be closed at 6pm? any malls or shops for souvenirs? Saturday will be the only time i can shop around Strøget ?

Any place to get a good glimpse of the night life in CPH?

Denmark
Level Contributor
201 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What to do during this weekend?

Malls close later (though 18.00 on Sat) - the largest is Fields (metro: orestaden), but also Frederiksberg center (metro: frederiksberg) and fisketorvet (s-train: dybbølsbro station).

Department stores: Illum and Magasin also close later than ordinary shops.

Tivoli also have shops (e.g. Illums Bolighus for souvenir shopping) if you are short on time.

Nightlife: head to Kødbyen/meatpacking district

Denmark
Level Contributor
201 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What to do during this weekend?

Oh, and agree that Retour is a better option in terms of dinner - only advantage w/ Custom House Bar & Grill is the nice view over the water. But maybe go there for a drink on the terrace before or after dinner - and eat the dinner at Retour (they are only a 5 min walk apart).

London
Level Contributor
32 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What to do during this weekend?

Hi we stayed at first twenty seven a few weeks ago and like you arrived early in the morning and had loads of time to wait until check in. As we had read warnings that luggage left in the storage room at the hotel is not secure we put our bags into a luggage locker at the central train station for the day which was great and is only max about a 5 min walk or so from the hotel. When ready later we went and checked in glad we didn't have to drag bags around with us all day.

We used the day before checking in to walk about and did a canal trip which was great. Went with netto which I would recommend.

Have a fab time!

8. Re: What to do during this weekend?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, September 10, 2013