We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Worth visiting Copenhagen in January?

Which Copenhagen hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Tainan, Taiwan
Level Contributor
147 posts
73 reviews
Save Topic
Worth visiting Copenhagen in January?

Hello all

I'm thinking of going on a City break in January and I'm tempted by Easyjet's cheap flights to Copenhagen. But having done various bits of research, I get the impression its not worth visiting in January?

Is it worth visiting Copenhagen in January and if so what is there to do?

Thank you

Tom

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
5,116 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Worth visiting Copenhagen in January?

Sights will be closed; you´ll probably be at your hotel around 6 - 6.30 p.m. A few museums have a weekly day with later closing.

Perhaps head for Gråbrødre Torv square and the Latin Quarter (places around Larsbjørnstræde and Skindergade streets) to get a feeling for the city - lots of eating places and bars too. Or Nyhavn.

But if you want to check out what´s on, use the website www.kultunaut.dk (includes small concerts etc.; to early now, though).

Joen

Edited: 8:18 am, August 20, 2012
Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Worth visiting Copenhagen in January?

Easyjet use the F-gates at Copenhagen Airport, so you are in for quite a walk (20 mins) to reach baggage claim/customs.

Hans

Tainan, Taiwan
Level Contributor
147 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Worth visiting Copenhagen in January?

Thanks for the replies.

I think I'll get to my hostel and have a walk round, get some food and do 2 or 3 of the 7 bars I have planned to visit;

Mikkeller, Brewpub Copenhagen, Fermentoren, Charlie's Bar, Lord Nelson, Nørrebro Bryghus and Ølbaren are the places I think I'll go, I'm a big fan of beer and I'm aware it will not be cheap.

14. Re: Worth visiting Copenhagen in January?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, August 25, 2013