We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Danish government to take control of Christiania

Boca Raton, Florida
Level Contributor
505 posts
51 reviews
Danish government to take control of Christiania

Just read that the Danish Supreme Court has ruled the government can take back control of Christiania. I was wondering when this will occur and if there will be protests or anything that might disrupt the area. Am planning a trip to Copenhagen in 3 weeks.

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
1,558 posts
12 reviews
1. Re: Danish government to take control of Christiania

The Supreme Court decision means that over time Christiania will be more like the rest of Copenhagen - buildings will be brought up to the building code, as houses becomes vacant more people will have a chance to move in and probably some new housing will be build.

Over time - are the operative words.

There has never been any doubt that the area is not owned by Christiania - only doubt about how the area is administrated.

There might be protest these coming days - but I doubt they will last three weeks.

Most experts expect the immediate result of the decision will be new talks between the people living in Christiania and the authorities about a plan of action.

Boca Raton, Florida
Level Contributor
505 posts
51 reviews
2. Re: Danish government to take control of Christiania

Sounds good. Thanks for the reply. Can't wait for my trip.

3. Re: Danish government to take control of Christiania

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:16 pm, October 11, 2012