We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need place for extended stay, 2-3 months

san francisco
1 post
Save Topic
Need place for extended stay, 2-3 months

Hi, I am an American looking for a private place for 2-3 months in Copenhagen starting in approx Dec. I won't be working, so I am looking for a cheap place with reasonable amenities not more than $1000/month. I am a budding writer so if you can please also recommend a good secondhand English book store, that would be great. Thanks.

Copenhagen, DK
Level Contributor
177 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need place for extended stay, 2-3 months

for that amount you should be able to find something reasonable...

try: www.dba.dk , and write fremleje = subrent

värelser = rooms

badekar = bathtub

Vaskemaskine = washing machine

dele = share

stue = living room

varme = heat

vand = water

dont know what budding writer means, but if you are the least "alternative" as many from SF are (at least compared to Austin the alternative city of the south ;) ) you would possibly fit well in on Vesterbro, Christianshavn or Kbh. K (inner city)

if you enjoy a more relaxing enviroment try to find something on Frederiksberg or Oesterport.

Nörrebro is not bad either, just cant imagine it being very inspiring for a writer

If u have any more question also very specific ones drop me an e-mail...

Cheers, Martin

Skanderborg, Denmark
Level Contributor
14 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need place for extended stay, 2-3 months

Don't listen to Martin, Nörrebro can be very inspiring if you keep an open mind :-) If you like to wander the streets and peoplewatch while waiting for inspiration, Vesterbro or Nörrebro could be the right places for you - lots of young people, very multicultural and always something happening.

The website that Martin recommended is very good and it probably won't be difficult finding something that fits your budget. The cheapest option would be renting a room in a shared appartment, that's what most students do and it's a good way to get to now people too. Most Danish university students are in their mid/late twenties, so it won't be like living in a dorm. Also, most appartments are quite small and only shared by two persons. A nice room in a shared appartment shouldn't cost more than $500 a month.

As for the English bookstore I don't really have any recommendations, but I will post again should I stumble upon one on my way.

Please write again if you have more questions, I will be happy to help.

Copenhagen, DK
Level Contributor
177 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need place for extended stay, 2-3 months

haha bondgirl - did not want to slack of Nörrebro...used to live down on Ole Jorgensensgade for awhile... Still I will not agree that it has the same flavor there is on Vesterbro or the cosyness of Christenshavn & Kbh. K ... though the small area around Sankt Hans torv is quite a nice area and I also really enjoy the cafes on Blaagaardsplads in the summer...

Cheers, Martin

Copenhagen
Level Contributor
61 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need place for extended stay, 2-3 months

Try www.expatriates.com

Copenhagen
Level Contributor
61 posts
16 reviews