We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shopping in Copenhagen

Essex
Level Contributor
58 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Shopping in Copenhagen

Hey all,

Can someone advise me on the best shops to go to in Copenhagen?

Im in my 20's and like all sorts of clothes... high street to designer.

Also very interested in shoes and bags.... I have heard about the designer market... anywhere else???

Much appreciated!

tricota
Level Contributor
90 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Shopping in Copenhagen

try and look at this place...

http://www.woco.dk/press/composite-712.htm

Falkirk, United...
Level Contributor
344 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shopping in Copenhagen

Hi

Just walk down Stroget and all will be revealed.

Denmark
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Shopping in Copenhagen

If you walk from the townhall where stroget starts you will end on Kongens Nytorv. Nearby there - is all the good designer shops. Try Illums and Birger Christensen on stroget. Ask someone for directions to Café Sommersko, in that area theres also many good shops. Have a wonderful trip :-)

Denmark
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Shopping in Copenhagen

Hi again,

Try www.aok.dk its also in english - pres on blok "AOK in english". On that page you can find all about shopping an so on.

copenhagen
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Shopping in Copenhagen

also try the side streets to strøget, in the upper part "latin quarter" as its called, you'll find lots of streetware type of shops, and in the lower part, more designer stuff.

copenhagen
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Shopping in Copenhagen

also try the side streets to strøget, in the upper part "latin quarter" as its called, you'll find lots of streetware type of shops, and in the lower part (closer to kongens nytorv), more designer stuff.

Essex
Level Contributor
58 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Shopping in Copenhagen

Thank you all so much for your info on Copenhagen. Im planning to go early next year now, so I will let you all know how I got on over ther - I cant wait!!!!

Oak Park
Level Contributor
20 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Shopping in Copenhagen

This may be a strange question, but because of your cute name "balletdancingbabe" do you know anything about the Royal Danish Ballet, do you plan to visit them while in Copenhagen? I would like to take my daughter(a dancer) to Denmark this summer and see a show or possibly take some dance classes there. I have not found any useful web sites. Good Luck with your shopping and your trip!

tricota
Level Contributor
90 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Shopping in Copenhagen

try the royal theaters website, in english, about the ballet. It also mentions the school...

www.kgl-teater.dk/dkt2002uk/ballet/frame.htm

copenhagen
Level Contributor
18 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Shopping in Copenhagen

A good place to start for an overview of mid-range to designer danish brands is the illum department store on stroget. They have a designer section on the ground floor, and the ��companys��section on the first floor has a mixture of fashion brands, mostly scandinavian. (There is also a larger separate ��companys�� shop near the radhusplads end of stroget.)

vesterbrogade and istedgade are also worth exploring for small funky shops.