We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A week in Scandinavia

New York City
8 posts
1 review
Save Topic
A week in Scandinavia

Hi, We are trying to decide whether to fly to Iceland and add either Copenhagen or Stockholm, or divide the trip between Copenhagen and stokholm and skip Iceland. We have a week and are going mid August. Thanks for any help.

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Berlin
Level Contributor
20,004 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: A week in Scandinavia

Two lots of friends of ours have been to Iceland and it made a big impression. That plus one of the capitals would make for a more varied holiday than thetwo capitals.

Stockholm has a stunning location and you can appreciate its beauty just walking round, taking the small ferries etc. Though it's true that coming in on a ferry is an amazing entry to the city. And yes I'm sure on Stockholm forum that's where the vote would go.

I can't really compare it with Copenhagen yet as I visited Copenhagen long ago as a child and am going back this summer for the first time (then touring DK, ferry to Göteborg and finally Skane).

I don't know Oslo but I suppose Helsinki's "exoticism" would be its historical links with Russia and related architecture etc etc. Throw in Tallinn for quaintness.

12. Re: A week in Scandinavia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:44 am, December 02, 2009