We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Emdrup, Copenhagen, Denmark

Which Copenhagen hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London
Level Contributor
23 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Emdrup, Copenhagen, Denmark

Hi, any advice for a hotel or somewhere to stay for a colleague who's travelling to Emdrup early Feb. Just needs accommodation for 1 night. Thanks

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
1,558 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Emdrup, Copenhagen, Denmark

Emdrup is on the outskirts of Copenhagen. As far as I know there are no hotels.

I suggest your colleague books a hotel in the city center and then either travel by bus or the S-trains depending on where in Emdrup he og she needs to be.

London
Level Contributor
23 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Emdrup, Copenhagen, Denmark

Hi, many thanks for the advice. He's actually visiting the Adventure Playground at Emdrup/Aarhus University nearby. I hoped there might be a guest house or something he could stay in. Perhaps he'll just have to go back to the centre of Copenhagen. I gather from the airport he'll need to get the train into Copenhagen and then back out again to Emdrup? Is there a website in English that I could look at for train times? Any clues gratefully received, thanks, Anne.

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
1,558 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Emdrup, Copenhagen, Denmark

I'm a little confused - Århus University is in a completely different part of Denmark - 3 hours from Copehagen by train.

But when I google the first part of the place your friend is visiting - there is an adventure playground in Emdrup (the oldest ind the world) - it's actually a kindergarden now - and I doubt they have facilities for visitors to stay overnight.

If it's the same place it's at Keldsøvej 5 and can be reached by bus and/or S-train with a bit of walking at the end.

To get to the city center from the airport your friend can either go by train or metro - depending on what part af the city he will stay at. It's a journey of 10-20 minutes and costs 30dkr.

You can look up connections at www.rejseplanen.dk

London
Level Contributor
23 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Emdrup, Copenhagen, Denmark

Hi, sorry to confuse you. He is going to visit, not stay at, the adventure playground at Emdrup (yes the oldest) plus also see some people who work at Arhus University. I had thought the two places weren't far from each other, I'll check with them at the University where they will be when he visits.

Thank you for the advice and train information.

Anne

5. Re: Emdrup, Copenhagen, Denmark

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:17 pm, August 10, 2009