We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grocery near Marriott

Which Copenhagen hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Francisco...
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
Grocery near Marriott

We will be in Copenhagen until Christmas Day and our concern is Christmas eve dinner. As a last resort we were thinking of just eating in our hotel room. Are there any food stores within walking distance of the Marriott that will hopefully be open on the 24th?

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
214 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grocery near Marriott

Usually all the shops are closed in Copenhagen on christmas eve. You might be lucky to find a shop called "Irma city" on Vesterbrogade close to Gasværksvej which is about 30 minutes walk from you hotel. Irma City might be open until 4 pm but I am not quite sure and could not find anything on their website. Otherwise there is SevenEleven which in my opinion is not the best place to shop for something for at christmas dinner.

I have however called the Marriott and they say that they have a christmas dinner on the 24. at 6 or 7 pm (cant remember) and the price is 516 Dk Kr per person.

Hope you have a nice christmas.

Viola

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Grocery near Marriott

Thank you for your kindness in contacting the Marriott, it was totally unexpected. We leave for Copenhagen tomorrow with great anticipation of having a fabulous time. My son has a co-worker who grew up in Copenhagen and he assures us that the Danes know how to celebrate Christmas.

Happy Holidays!

Honrado

Denmark
Level Contributor
201 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Grocery near Marriott

Another and perhaps a bit alternative suggestion is to go to the christmas party at Christiania.

I have never personally been, but I hear that some 1000 plates are served there for Copenhageners that for some reason do not celebrate Christmas at home. I think food is free, but donations are accepted. There will be a priest, carols, presents for the children and potentially bands playing - and absolutely safe!

I think it will be an experience to remember and beats foods shopping at Irma City or 7-eleven. Perhaps someone knows more about Christmas at Christiania?

4. Re: Grocery near Marriott

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 pm, August 10, 2009