We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tentative Itinerary

Which Copenhagen hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Francisco...
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
Tentative Itinerary

We will be arriving in Copenhagen on December 19 and leaving on Christmas Day. I have researched opening days and hours of sights and attractions and have set a sightseeing plan based on recommendations that have been shared in this forum. I would appreciate input on whether the plan makes sense.

December 20 (Glyptotek/Rosenborg Castle/Amalienborg Castle/Tivoli). December 21 (Kronborg Castle/Elsinore Christmas Market-last day). December 22 (Viking Ship Museum/Nyhavn Christmas Market-last day). December 23 (National Museum/National Gallery/Tivoli). December 24 (Fredriksborg Castle). The schedule for the 20th is hectic but other than Tivoli the attractions will be closed from the 22nd to the 26th. Of course I can just as easily tear this up and go by feel especially if the weather refuses to cooperate.

Copenhagen Denmark
Destination Expert
for Copenhagen
Level Contributor
572 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tentative Itinerary

Hi,

yes, the schedule on Dec 20 is a bit hectic, but I think it is manageable.

You could consider Louisiana Art museum on your way home from Helsingør (Elsinore) - I assume you will take the train there? They are open 11-18.

PLease bear in mind that Dec 24 is "our Dec 25", meaning that everything will be closed, including restaurants (but not, as it seems, Frederiksborg CAstle!). You should definitely book a table - I think that hotel restaurants will be open. Or maybe someone else here knows of open restaurants...?

Have fun - Copenhagen is truly wonderful at Christmas.

Katrine

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Tentative Itinerary

Thanks Katrine.

We'll definitely consider Lousiana. It all depends on how much glög we consume at Helsingør :)

Honrado

3. Re: Tentative Itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:19 pm, October 16, 2009