We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

about denmrk products and market

Which Copenhagen hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
tel-aviv
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Topic
about denmrk products and market

Hej forum members,

I will be staying at a resort in kalvehaven.

I have three qustions?

1: whats there to see ( and of course the vicinity) (except the Mon iland)?

2: Do you have open markets in Zealand (where and when)?

3: As I'll have a full kitchen I intend to buy products and fill the fridge so I need recomendations about say, herriges, smoked fish, kind of cheeses, good breads and butter, may be some wine and beer - do you have reccommendations?

Thank you ahead

Vered

Copenhagen
Level Contributor
101 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: about denmrk products and market

Hi Vered

No problem with your question, I just think that all of us have other things going on, than answering questions on this board ; )

I can try to give you a few tips.

You should off course buy the danish rye bread (rugbrød) preferebly from a bakery, so it's homemade.

If you got a car and drive around zealand you should try to check out some of the small harbours. On some of them you'll find small stores that sells fish. Try a smoked herring, some pepper mackerel and perhaps a fiskefrikadelle (fish cake) be shure to get some remoulade (a dressing) to the fishcake. All of these are eaten on/with rye bread.

We are a beer country, most places you'll find Carlsberg and Tuborg the biggest brands around here. But some places you can be lucky to find more interesting beers, look around in the stores. And if it looks like a well assorted place, try to ask the staff.

A few ideas, I hope it can help you...

Enjoy

tel-aviv
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: about denmrk products and market

Thank you Denis

I am sorry if I sounded impatient, I really thougt that because of the regulation of this site, maybe something was wrong with my question.

Your tips will certainky help me finding my way in your stores.

Thank you again very much

Vered

3. Re: about denmrk products and market

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:20 am, October 04, 2009