We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

drinks in copenhagen

Which Copenhagen hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Otley, Leeds
Level Contributor
18 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
drinks in copenhagen

how much is the average pint of lager/cider?

Berkshire, United...
Level Contributor
1,509 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: drinks in copenhagen

In bars/cafes, beer tended to be around 55kr which is roughly about £6 (not quite 10kr to £1). Wine was round the same sort of price, I think I was paying around the 65kr mark.

I bought a round in a blues club on Saturday night which I think was the cheapest during our trip - pint of lager and glass of wine 65kr. Next round was lager and rum and coke and was about 85kr.

Barbie

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: drinks in copenhagen

Barbiegirl is spot on - we were there last weekend and the cheapest carlsberg we found was 5K for 1/2 a litre!! Worth noting though that the Hard Rock Cafe has a happy hour - buy one get one free - til 7pm (not sure of start time). Presumably, other bars also operate happy hours as well.

Berkshire, United...
Level Contributor
1,509 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: drinks in copenhagen

Lisabat - we were there last weekend too!

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
1,558 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: drinks in copenhagen

In cafes and bars in Vesterbro and Nørrebro you can easily find half a liter of lager for 35-40 kr.

Especially if you go with Carlsberg or Tuborg.

Ask people to point you to the nearest værtshus in stead of café if your are just looking for reasonably priced beer.

Havana, Cuba
Level Contributor
5,355 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: drinks in copenhagen

I get a bit tired of people describing in details how expensive Copenhagen is when they don't even take the time to take a short walk away from the worst tourist areas.

Yes, in Nyhavn a pint can cost you 65 DKK. 2 minutes away in an old typical Copenhagen bodega it's 25. A bottle of beer costs 15 DKK in many places in Copenhagen.

It is not fair to base a Copenhagen price-index on a handfull of overpriced restaurants and bars in and around Nyhavn, Strøget and Town Hall Square.

Copenhagen
Level Contributor
101 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: drinks in copenhagen

I agree with you Don. There isn't a lot of copenhageners paying 65 Dkr. for a beer.

Try this place, 2 minutes from rådhuspladsen, they have ecological beer 25 Dkr. per pint

http://dinnyeven.dk/

It is a nice place so don't just go there for the cheap beer...

England
Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: drinks in copenhagen

Hello Everyone

I am comimg to Copenhagen on 16 May for the weekend. Could you point me in the direction of good pubs/ clubs to visit please. There are 8 of us coming over ( males) and I have to admit i do not fancy paying 6 pound for too many drinks. We are aged between 35 and 45 so somewhere for that age group would be nice.

Many thanks Mike

8. Re: drinks in copenhagen

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:32 am, September 25, 2009