We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Centrally located hotel in Copenhagen

detroit, michigan
Level Contributor
298 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Centrally located hotel in Copenhagen

I have booked a room at the Marriott Copenhagen, but after doing some more research I get the impression that it is not that centrally located. The Cab Inn City appears to be better located, but I'm looking for something a little nicer. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.

Havana, Cuba
Level Contributor
5,355 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Centrally located hotel in Copenhagen

The Marriott and Cab Inn City cannot be compared. Yes, location is better at the Cab Inn, but this a budget hotel with very simple rooms. Clean, but totally anonomous.

If price does not matter, I would stay at D'Anglettere, Phønix or Skt Petri.

If price is an issue, but you still want top location, the hotels in the area around Nyhavn and The Royal Theatre (close to Kongens Nytorv) would be my preference. Some names off the top of my head are Opera, Nyhavn, Strand, Admiral.

detroit, michigan
Level Contributor
298 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Centrally located hotel in Copenhagen

Thanks DonTomas. I'll take a look at your suggestions. By the way, how is the location of the Marriott? Is there much around the it?

Havana, Cuba
Level Contributor
5,355 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Centrally located hotel in Copenhagen

No, your impression is right. Theres not much around. It's on the harborside where basically all its neigbours are commercial buildings, so somewhat dead in the evening.

It's a 10-15 minute walk to Town Hall Square and a little further to Kongens Nytorv. But if you want to be in central areas, you're probably gonna have to spend money on taxis (which are not cheap).

4. Re: Centrally located hotel in Copenhagen

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 pm, September 23, 2009