We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

X2000 train from Copenhagen to Stockholm

la
Level Contributor
86 posts
Save Topic
X2000 train from Copenhagen to Stockholm

I need to get the X200 train ticket from Copenhagen to Stockholm on Aug 22. I heard about the ticket is quite expensive and if I reseve early I may get a discount rate. But I don't know where and how to reserve it. Does anyone know about this? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks a lot.

la
Level Contributor
86 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: X2000 train from Copenhagen to Stockholm

I had a bad experience on this. I booked the ticket from WWW.RailEurpoe.COM web site. They charged me for US $120 per person. The next day after I purchased I found out the rate dropped to US $55. I called them and they would not refund me the difference.

I also called Swedish train office afterwards. The price they have for me at that time (2 weeks ago) is about US $45 per person. But they do not mail the ticket to USA. Hotel in Copenhagen is willing to hold the ticket for me if they mail it to there, but I don't feel 100% safe by doing this since I will not be there until three weeks later.

The ending story is I pay US $250 and 15 dollars shipping from RailEuope and they would not refund me with the cheaper rate they have on the web site now. I am very unhappy about this. I paid at least US $150 for two tickets via the web site.

miami, florida
4 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: X2000 train from Copenhagen to Stockholm

sorry to hear about your experience. I am about to make a similar trip, only from stockholm to copenhagen. I too have been searching for a way to purchase a ticket in advance. The Eurorail site quotes $125 US today. Is it cheaper to just purchase the ticket a day in advance. I would hate to make the same mistake. Hope you are enjoying your trip otherwise.

miami, florida
4 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: X2000 train from Copenhagen to Stockholm

Sorry to hear about your experience. I am about to book a similar ticket- stockholm to copenhagen, what do you suggest?

copenhagen
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: X2000 train from Copenhagen to Stockholm

Accidentaly stumbled upong this thread when googling for something completely different. here's what to do:

take the local train from copenhagen to malmø, price 80 SEK/70 DKK. then book your ticket from www.sj.se from malmö.c to stockholm

On the next page leave " Tid för avresa" default, then chose time and date. " Tid för returresa" means return ticket, leave this at default (ingen återresa) unless you plan on returning to copenhagen. you get special discounts as kid, student and youth (up to 26 yrs).

Vuxna = Adult

Undommar = Youth

Studerande = Students

Pensionär = Senior Citizens

Barn = Kids

then (IMPORTANT) chose under "Visa tidtabell med"

"Just nu 2 klass" if youre an adult, or if youre in the discount group, chose "sista minuten"

Ive calculated that if you travel as an adult with "just nu 2 klass" the train costs you 340 SEK.

When you order and pay for the ticket you recieve a reference number that you use on the electronic terminals inside the trainstation and your ticket gets printed out.

Hope this was of some help to you, although a bit complicated, its the cheapest way.

copenhagen
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: X2000 train from Copenhagen to Stockholm

Just noticed (apart from a few typos) that you can order direct from copenhagen to stockholm for 320 SEK with the X2000, but you will not be able to get a printout of the ticket in copenhagen or get it mailed to you, unless you have a permanent adresses in scandinavia (sweden, norway, denmark) like someone posted in an earlier thread, getting it sent to the hotel might be a good idea.

If you feel unsecure doing this, then follow my instruction in my previous post.

NB: you can buy tickets to malmö onboard the train aswell as on terminals on several stations in copenhagen, these being:

Østerport Station

Nørrepost Station

Hovedbanegården (Central Station)

Ørestad Station

Tårnby

Kastrup (Airport)

la
Level Contributor
86 posts
Save Reply
16. Re: X2000 train from Copenhagen to Stockholm

Hi Out-Bound,

From Stockholm to Copenhagen is fine. You can purchase the ticket from the Sweden railroad company and you can pick up your ticket from the train station since it is in Sweden.

Let me know if you want to know how to directly buy the train ticket from them. For Eng, you need to call them and press 6 and wait for like 2-5 mintues.

Have a good trip.

malmoe, sweden
Level Contributor
115 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: X2000 train from Copenhagen to Stockholm

i checked the price for you on www.sj.se.

aug 22nd, at different times during the day:

Price about 400 SEK for booking now, about 1000 SEK "normal price).

If booking now, you want the "Just nu 2 klass".

Try calling costumer support if the swedish language gives you any problems.

+46-771-757575

miami, florida
4 posts
Save Reply
18. Re: X2000 train from Copenhagen to Stockholm

thanks for the info. seems if I book today for Friday Aug 12 from Stockholm to Copenhagen the rate is 568 SEK, not too bad, but can't figure out how to book or reserve. Seems if i wait too long the seats can sell out for a friday.

Any feedback?

malmoe, sweden
Level Contributor
115 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: X2000 train from Copenhagen to Stockholm

call and order, charge it to a credit card, with pickup of ticket when you arrive.

should be able to do that.

Hanover, Germany
Level Contributor
1,277 posts
Save Reply
20. Re: X2000 train from Copenhagen to Stockholm

Have a look at

http://www.swedenbooking.com/

I think you can buy the tickets there, but you will have to pay a handling fee.