We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1 day in copenhagen

Which Copenhagen hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dublin
Level Contributor
256 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
1 day in copenhagen

Hi there,

I will be in Copenhagen for one full day, in early March on a Saturday.

Can anyone give me advice on what to see please?

I most interested in seeing the nice parts of town, walking around the streets, visiting nice cafes shops restaurants...

I am not really interested in sightseeing; I will not be going to see the little Mermaid or to Christianhavsn. However if there is an outstanding art gallery or museum close to the city centre I would definitely be interested.

Thanks

Billy.

Scotland
Level Contributor
593 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: 1 day in copenhagen

Greetings

Weather depending, you could start out either at the Radhuspladsen by the main train station or down at Kongens Nytorv and walk up the Strøget, the main pedestrian shopping street. You can detour through the winding steets through that part of town and maybe go into the Round Tower which offers a great view of town.

You could also detour to walk around Christiansborg Palace and the other buildings which are on an island separated by canals and accessed by pedestrian bridges. The palace itself is only accessed by tour, but you can walk around and sometimes catch a glimpse of the horses being exercised in the outdoor ring in the center.

Pretty much all of the museums in Copenhagen are in the city centre, so you have quite a choice. You could visit the fabulous art gallery, Ny Carlseberg Glptoteket or go into the (free) National Museet. Both are up by Radhuspladsen.

Stores tend to close mid afternoon on Saturday, so shopping needs to be done earlier rather than later. There are plenty of places to eat along Strøget or you could grab wienerbrød (Danish) at one of the konditori or one of the hot dogs from the street vendors. There are also plenty of food choices downstairs in the foodhall at Magasin du Nord on Kongens Nytorv.

Kate

Dublin
Level Contributor
256 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 1 day in copenhagen

Many thanks Kate, much appreciated :-)

3. Re: 1 day in copenhagen

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:18 pm, September 19, 2009