We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

post-trip, trying to find name of bakery

Lawndale, California
Level Contributor
665 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
post-trip, trying to find name of bakery

Hello all! My partner and I had a wonderful, two-week trip to Europe in December that included a fun-filled stop in Copenhagen. We have a couple of questions we're hoping folks here on Trip Advisor can help us with in putting together our photos and scrapbook.

1) We stumbled onto a very popular bakery that was featured in Samantha Brown's travel show "Passport to Europe." I believe we headed south from Christiania, turned toward the west and stumbled across it. Does anyone know the name of the bakery?

2) Is there a Danish name for the hotdogs wrapped in bacon you can buy from the vendors all over the city?

3) We also ordered hot dogs with everything on them, and noticed there were some kind of light-brown colored flakes all over them. We weren't sure what those were (though they were good!) Can anyone tell me what those were?

Thanks so much!

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
66 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: post-trip, trying to find name of bakery

The bakery is probably Lagkagehuset - it's pretty large, at the corner of a small square and a channel?

Ah,the name escapes me, generally a sausage wrapped in bacon is called "pølse i svøb" or sausage in a shroud.

The brown flakes are roasted onions.

Sounds like you had fun. :-)

2. Re: post-trip, trying to find name of bakery

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:16 pm, September 17, 2009