We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Copenhagen Dining Help & costs on a Budget!!!

Ireland
Level Contributor
38 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Copenhagen Dining Help & costs on a Budget!!!

Hi, I'm not sure if this is possible as I've heard Copenhagen is soooo expensive but we want to go for the xmas markets with our son.

Can anyone recommend where we will get decent food at a 'reasonable' cost(I mean by copenhagen standards) lunch and dinner.-averagre cost

We love meat, fish, stew and are quite happy to try out local food/restaurants.

Is there any particular restaurant/hotel chain which is synonimous with decent food at a good price?

childs menu available easily or not?

We are clueless about costs in Euro to eat out there and are quite worried we haven't budgeted enough.

Only there for 4days!!

Also do they accept Euro or is it denmark Krona?

thanks a million

lesley

UK
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Copenhagen Dining Help & costs on a Budget!!!

Have you gone yet? Riz Raz on Laederstraede (parrallel with Stroget) is a good and very reasonably priced restaurant; the CabInn chain of hotels is also good and cheap (see their website for prices – £50-odd a night I think) – functional and can be small but stylish; good breakfast (included) as well. The Danes are v cool re kids so if they don't have children's menus they would prob do a small portion for you; re money, they use krøner (approx 10 to UK£1). If I were you, I would budget a minimum of £20 per head for a sit-down meal in a cafe (these are actually cafe restaurants), though you can easily spend more, to cover 2 courses and maybe a glass of wine. There are fast food joints too for a quicker and cheaper bite, Re hotels – always ask whether they can do rooms for less – they change their rates depending on the demand so published rates do not always apply. Also, some restaurants do menus that are proportionately cheaper the more course you have. which might enable you to splash out on something a bit more special. Check out Bastionen and Løven in Christianshavn for Sunday brunch ( you may have to book)If you are planning to do lots of cultural things, have a look at the Copenaghen card, it may be cheaper for you. Hope you have fun and don't miss Tivoli - it's lovely – and if your son is old enough the Viking musuem at Roskilde (easy train ride) is great. Check out the tourist website www.woco.dk, which is also in English.

Antonia

2. Re: Copenhagen Dining Help & costs on a Budget!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:17 pm, September 12, 2009