We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Staying in CPH: Frederiksberg or Vesterbro?? Please help!

Which Copenhagen hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
9 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Staying in CPH: Frederiksberg or Vesterbro?? Please help!

Hi

I'm about to go to Copenhagen in early December as a surprise birthday present for my boyfriend. I'm looking to hire an apartment while I'm there instead of a hotel as I think it's so much nicer and more personal.

Currently I'm being offered two different apartments. One is in Frederiksberg, very near the metro and bus but is a quite a lot more expensive. The other is is Vesterbro, quite near the bus and 15 mins to Central Station.

I'm torn as I don't know either area at all. Could anyone give me any advice about which to choose? We're quite young (late20s/early 30s) but won't be doing any partying. I'm looking for a relaxed, cheapish area that we can hang out in the evenings after sightseeing during the day.

Thank you!!

Sydney, Australia
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
11. Re: Staying in CPH: Frederiksberg or Vesterbro?? Please help!

Wow your suggestion looks delicious. I think we will definitely be making a stop there. Thank you!

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
66 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Staying in CPH: Frederiksberg or Vesterbro?? Please help!

Kinselladk, you beat me to it, DEFINITELY La Glace when it's about cakes. :-) If you want to buy the cakes and eat them elsewhere then take the Metro to Christianshavns Torv and go to the baker right on the square, at the corner next to the canal, it's excellent!

Copenhagen
Level Contributor
42 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Staying in CPH: Frederiksberg or Vesterbro?? Please help!

For that special birthdaymeal eat at FAMO or FAMO 51. Famo is on Saxogade 3 on Vesterbro and the other just 100 meters away on Gammel Kongevej 51.

Both have the same wonderfull concept. A fauboluos 5 course italian meal for 350 kr. (50 euro). Real value for money. Booking is essential.

14. Re: Staying in CPH: Frederiksberg or Vesterbro?? Please help!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:17 pm, September 11, 2009