We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Last minute advices: Next weekend in Copenhagen

Which Copenhagen hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Montreal
Level Contributor
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Last minute advices: Next weekend in Copenhagen

Hi everyone,

Next week I'll go to Copenhagen for a few days. I'll stay over the weekend. Any suggestions about events to take place next weekend, things to do, and must-see places would be greatly appreciated (museums, gardens etc.). I'll stay at Hilton Airport Hotel; what is the best way (public transport, I mean) to get to the downtown Copenhagen? A Danish (characteristic) dish? Whatever comments are welcome...I've just found out that I have to go and most of the day I'll be in meetings, but during the evenings and next weekend I hope to enjoy my time in Copenhagen.

Many thanks,

Koky

Denmark
Level Contributor
201 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Last minute advices: Next weekend in Copenhagen

Hi,

A good overview over events, restaurants, museums etc. (apart from these pages) is http://www.aok.dk/section/english.

You will have no problems accessing the city centre - the metro opened its direct link to the airport last Friday and the train goes to the central station. It will take some 12-15 minutes to reach the centre. You can purchase tickets, multiride tickets and passes at the DSB office at the airport.

Browse through these pages and you will find loads of info on danish gastronomy, restaurants etc... One Danish classic is smørrebrød; openfaced sandwiches. A great and modern place to get this is at Aamanns at Øster Farimagsgade.

Enjoy your stay!!

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
343 posts
190 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Last minute advices: Next weekend in Copenhagen

Hi Koky.

Welcome to Copenhagen. Bring some raingear!

Go see the harbourfront - with the new Operahouse, Amalienborg Castle where the Queen lives and The Royal Danish Guard is.

Take a stroll through the old streets of Copenhagen. Most tourist go to "Strøget" but its is really borring. Seek out the small streets along Strøget or go to Nørrebro district - Sankt Hans Torv, where al ot of new shops are.

Go up in Rundetårn buildt by Christian the 4. - King of Denmark from1588-1648. There is a great view from the top (36m).

On Sunday most of the shops are closed but I think this Sunday many shops are open. It is the first sunday in the month.

Take a canaltour with the boats - Nettoboat are the cheapest - it is a great way to see the city.

Copenhagen is expensive i think you know that. Even the transportsystem. But If you planned to go much around by a "klippekort" for 3 zoner - thats the best way and the cheapest.

Each card has 10 klips and you use one klip from Hiltin to downtown.

You can go by bus,metro and tranin on the same card.

Enjoy yourself - Copenhagen is safe and almost everubody speaks english.

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
66 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Last minute advices: Next weekend in Copenhagen

Wow, a lot of questions. You might enjoy this website: www.copenhagenweekends.com - it's pretty much tailored for that kinda questions. The advice given about getting from CPH to downtown Copenhagen is very valid for you - best suggestion is the Metro, a new station just opened a few days ago at the airport, but get the specifics at the website.

A Danish dish? Well - not many go to restaurants to eat the kinda food they get at home so there are not many restaurants offering typical Danish food. You might try "Fridas" on Gammel Kongevej just across the road from the Scandic Copenhagen hotel. The food is plentiful and cheap (for Copenhagen).

Have a great stay! :-)

Montreal
Level Contributor
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Last minute advices: Next weekend in Copenhagen

Sorry for being SOOOOO lazy and not writing back...thanks a lot for your advices. I just want to say that I loved Copenhagen, it is one of my favourite cities!!! I hope to come and visit it again this year. Thanks,

Koky

5. Re: Last minute advices: Next weekend in Copenhagen

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:17 pm, September 23, 2009