We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

When to go to Copenhagen

Portland, OR
2 posts
Save Topic
When to go to Copenhagen

I am planning a trip to Copenhagen in late April 2008 because I can't afford to travel during peak season. Is this a good time of year to visit Copenhagen? Would September be better? Any advice would help.

Thanks!

Emily

Herlev, Denmark
Level Contributor
243 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: When to go to Copenhagen

Hi Emily.

The Danish weather is always unpredictable, however April is usually very pleasant and our climate is fairly mild all year round.

Expect anywhere between 10 and as much as 22-24 degrees during the daylight hours. And you will be blessed with almost 15 hours of those.

Enjoy Copenhagen

Cheers,

Lars

Herlev, Denmark
Level Contributor
243 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: When to go to Copenhagen

I would prefer late April instead of September, maybe others wont agree with me

Guildford, Surrey...
Level Contributor
237 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: When to go to Copenhagen

Can I extend the question to May? How reliable is the weather then? Not bothered much about temperature, but how about rain?

Thanks.

Herlev, Denmark
Level Contributor
243 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: When to go to Copenhagen

Hi Mikeos.

May is just great , lush vegetation, long days and people seem to be more friendly and outgoing during this time of year.

As in England, we seem to be very much affected by global warming and we have had a lot of floods this year, especially in the summer months of June, July and August. I can not remember how May was this year and there is no garanties of having such things as rainfree days, so you might as well prepare yourself for having your umbrella as your true and fellow companion.

Cheers

Guildford, Surrey...
Level Contributor
237 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: When to go to Copenhagen

Thanks a lot for that Lars.

Mike

Herlev, Denmark
Level Contributor
243 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: When to go to Copenhagen

You are most welcome

Portland, OR
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: When to go to Copenhagen

Thanks Lars for your input!!!

Herlev, Denmark
Level Contributor
243 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: When to go to Copenhagen

You are very welcome, Emily. Although I am not sure I answered your question right, which I suddenly realize has a financial undertone linked to it, or ?

If that is the case, I would say that there wont be any major differences in prices for staying in hostels and other sorts of accomodation in late April or September.

Feel free to ask more questions!

9. Re: When to go to Copenhagen

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:18 am, September 10, 2009