We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ascot or Island

Which Copenhagen hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
wisconsin
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Ascot or Island

My husband & I will be spending a week in Copenhagen toward the end of September, 2007. Right now we are deciding on staying at either the Ascot or Island. Does anyone have any comments/suggestions?

Havana, Cuba
Level Contributor
5,355 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Ascot or Island

I can't comment on room-quality etc. as I, for obvious reasons, spend very little time inside Copenhagen hotels. But I can comment on location:

While the Island is without a doubt a super-sleek designer hotel, Ascots location is much better. It's right in the center of the city, close to Tivoli, restaurants and attractions. If you stay at the island, you'll have nothing of interest (unless you're very interested in large office buildings) within walking distance, and you'll be spending a lot of time in cabs or busses.

So unless you hear from other tourists who tell you that the rooms at the Acot are horrible, I would definately choose this hotel for a holiday in Copenhagen.

wisconsin
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ascot or Island

Thank you -- that is just the type of info I was looking for. Since this is our first time venturing out of the US, I'm looking for any bits of info that could help us have a great stay. Thanks again.

Havana, Cuba
Level Contributor
5,355 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Ascot or Island

Your welcome. I'm sure you'll find plenty of helpful people in here if you have any other questions concerning Copenhagen. Have a nice stay here.

4. Re: Ascot or Island

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:17 am, September 05, 2009