We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

August or September?

Which Copenhagen hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
12 posts
Save Topic
August or September?

Hey;

I'm either planning on visiting copenhagen from mid to end August or alternatively end of August to early Sept. Is there a significant difference in the weather or number of events? Do the open hours at the museums or other main attraction change? The second timeframe seems to be at the tailend of the summer season, and I wonder if my trip might be better a few weeks earlier.

Thanks for your help.

M

Dragoer, Denmark
Level Contributor
60 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: August or September?

Hi

I would go from mid August - the schools are starting august 15TH and therefore most Danes starts working after their summer break.

Therefore it is less crowded in Tivoli gardens etc. The weather is usually nice in august but it can still rain - come prepared. I would choose august instead of september weather wise.

The museum opening hours should be really fine in mid august. Check out this website www.aok.dk - here you can read all that is going on in Copenhagen.

Have fun!

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
1,529 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: August or September?

Oh wow that is very good to know. I arrive in Copenhagen on Aug 19!

London, United...
12 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: August or September?

a very belated thanks for the advice; I'm leaving next week, so sounds like the timing will work out well.

best,

mark

4. Re: August or September?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 pm, September 07, 2009