We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pre-cruise hotel

Elizabethton...
Level Contributor
4 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Pre-cruise hotel

My wife and I will be taking a cruise on the MSC OPERA in May '07 and would like recommendations as to where to stay the night before we embark on the ship. We'd like to stay close or within walking distance to the pier/port, if that's possible. Also, does anyone know what pier or location the OPERA will be? Thanks in advance and looking forward to your replies/recommendations.

Dan

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
326 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pre-cruise hotel

First of all: MSC Opera is a VERY nice and modern cruise ship. There are only 2 places where the cruise ships depart. 1) Langelinie and 2) The Free Port. All ships at Langelinie are cruiseships making a stop in Copenhagen and is already in the middle of a trip. The 'Free Port' is for cruiseships beginning in Copenhagen. I now that MSC Opera has it's base in Copenhagen so i am certain that you should go to Free Port. Free Port is a VERY boring place but still very close to center. I would recommend staing at the "Comfort Hotel Østerport" which is close to Free Port 500-700 meters AND close to center (in the middle of both.) Be aware that walking to the cruise ship is down a very busy road with nothing to see on the way. The Hotel is right on top of a train-station and you could go 1 stop north to make the walk even shorter. When getting to the Free Port you will be able to see the ship from a distance.

Adrian

Elizabethton...
Level Contributor
4 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pre-cruise hotel

Thanks Adrian; I appreciate the information.

Dan

Elizabethton...
Level Contributor
4 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pre-cruise hotel

Adrian,

One other question....what is the best way to get from the cruise ship to the airport on the day we return to Copenhagen and how far is the airport from the "Free Port"?

Dan

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
53 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pre-cruise hotel

As for getting to the airport, I would recommend taking a train from Østerport station. The trains run every 10 minutes or so, and go all the way to the airport. The trip takes about 20 minutes.

5. Re: Pre-cruise hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 pm, August 28, 2009