We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation to Airport

Which Copenhagen hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York, NY
Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Topic
Transportation to Airport

Hello,

I am a solo female traveler and will be in Copenhagen for one night/day in early May. I have a flight leaving CPH for London Heathrow on Saturday, May 5th at 7:50am. Should I take the train to the airport (will probably stay at Ibsens hotel)? I would probably have to leave around 5:30am, so I'm just curious if it's safe for me to travel on the train to the airport alone at that hour... or if I'm better off taking a taxi. Any advice is appreciated, thanks!

- Cheryl

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
326 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transportation to Airport

In Denmark you are safe at all times - even as a solo female. You should not worry about that. So i would recommend taking the train from central station.

HOWEVER: At that time on a saturday morning there will still be a lot of drunk party people on their way home. And they proberply will be making a lot of (frindly) noise... So if you are ok with that then it is no problem.

Scotland
Level Contributor
593 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Transportation to Airport

As a woman who's been to Copenhagen many times, I'll second the comment that the city is very safe. I've been to Central Station at that hour of the morning, and it's fine, and walked around at all hours of the morning without feeling threatened or uncomfortable.

I agree about the drunks, but if you're from NYC it shouldn't be anything to trouble you at all. It made me a tad uncomfortable, but I never felt unsafe - there are plenty of people catching trains and there's a police station/booth in the station anyway.

Kate

New York, NY
Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Transportation to Airport

Yes... it shouldn't be all that different from grabbing the train at the house in NYC!! Thanks to both of you for the great advice! I think I will definitely save the money and take the train. Thanks again!

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
326 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transportation to Airport

May i ask: What are you doing in Copenhagen for just 1 day? I'm just curious.

New York, NY
Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Transportation to Airport

Going out there for business in Kristianstad, Sweden... coming back through CPH to catch a flight to London for a mini-break (have friends staying in London), so I figured I would use the Friday day/night to experience Copenhagen with a few other co-workers before flying out to London. Hopefully next time I'll have more than a day!

Thanks,

Cheryl

6. Re: Transportation to Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:16 pm, August 24, 2009