We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Budget shopping in copenhagen

13 posts
Budget shopping in copenhagen
Save

Hello! May i ask which area in copenhagen shoukd i go for budget and affordable shopping - for clothes and souvenir? Thanks! :)

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
9,270 posts
81 reviews
221 helpful votes
1. Re: Budget shopping in copenhagen
Save

It really depends on what you are looking for. Inexpensive options are scattered, both in the town centre and the suburbs. You´ll find traditional souvenir shops in the Strøget area, including at Frederikberggade. But perhaps look for more interesting souvenirs at the National Museum or in other museum/attraction shops, or in bookstores, such as Arnold Busck, next to the Round Tower.

The "Tiger of Copenhagen" and "Søstrene Grene" shops have surprisingly low prices for all sorts of things, and as such they are wrth a look anyway. They have shops for example on the Kultorvet Square.

Edited: 2 years ago
Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
9,270 posts
81 reviews
221 helpful votes
2. Re: Budget shopping in copenhagen
Save

As a side remark, I wouldn´t really the various malls or the department stores particularly inexpensive places.

Malls include Fields, Frederiksberg Centret and Fisketorvet.

Illum department store is an upscale place.

1 post
3. Re: Budget shopping in copenhagen
Save

Thank you so much! Can i ask what time does the shops in Frederiksberg Centret close?

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
9,270 posts
81 reviews
221 helpful votes
4. Re: Budget shopping in copenhagen
Save

More info here

https://frbc-shopping.dk/en/

Has a metro station.

There are some sights in that nice area, especially in the whole section around Frederiskberg Have gardens and Carlsberg brewery.

Gammel Kongevej is a pleasant street too, with many shops.

UK
Level Contributor
2,360 posts
64 reviews
66 helpful votes
5. Re: Budget shopping in copenhagen
Save

Budget and affordable aren't really words that spring to mind when I think of copenhagen!!!

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
456 posts
30 reviews
19 helpful votes
6. Re: Budget shopping in copenhagen
Save

Theres also an outlet at Langelinie Pier with clothes shops and souvenir shops. Its not a big place but if you're sightseeing around the little mermaid then you could pass by

7. Re: Budget shopping in copenhagen

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the Tripadvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 4:58 am, October 20, 2017
Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
9,270 posts
81 reviews
221 helpful votes
8. Re: Budget shopping in copenhagen
Save

"Budget and affordable aren't really words that spring to mind when I think of copenhagen!!!"

I think this is too general remark, except as regards quality accommodation and fine dining - but then, most British or American cities have these problems too.

Visitors on a short stay don´t necessarily get access to that much detailed info on the real options in town.

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
242 posts
9. Re: Budget shopping in copenhagen
Save

For clothes look for budget high street brands like H&M (Swedish), Vero Moda (Danish), Vila (Danish), Monki (Swedish), Weekday (Swedish), Envii (Danish, I think), Only (Danish). There are shops several places in the city. The pedestrian street "Strøget" has them all. The shopping mall "Fisketorvet" would also be a good choice. The shopping mall "Frederiksberg centret" has less shops than Fisketorvet, but they have more shops in the mid-range price class like Cos and &otherstories. So it's another profile/identity the two malls have. Fields is like Fisketorvet I would say.

If you really want budget, you can make some great buys on the local flea markets. Local girls selling their clothes. There is no permanent places and you will find most of them in the summer time.

Let me know when you are in Copenhagen, and I will see if there is any flea markets.

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
242 posts
10. Re: Budget shopping in copenhagen
Save

I forgot that there is a permanent flea market kind of place: "Lidkøb" on Strynøgade 7. Big indoor market, where a lot of different people selling their clothes - and it's all handled by the owners of the store.