We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trip from Copenhagen

Bridgewater, New...
Level Contributor
72 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
Day trip from Copenhagen

Dear Friends,

I moved to Denmark recently with my family. We read so much about Møns that want to visit the place. I would like to know

1) if it is possible to reach there by public transport from copenhagen on saturday. I was seeing rejseplanen.dk but no connection was coming.

2) Is it okay to visit with small kids age 2yr, 3yrs and one elderly person (she can walk but not so much). Are there so much up and down with lot of walking?

Kindly advise.

9 replies to this topic
Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
5,029 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day trip from Copenhagen

Hi,

"Møns Klint" pops up on rejseplanen; what destination did you insert ?

It is possible to enjoy the views from the top of the cliffs and by walking a bit in the somewhat hilly woods. The stairs down to the shore are very steep, roughly of 80-100ms altitude, but with resting platforms on the way.

Møn also includes many other sights, Liselund manor house and park being particularly adorable and free,

http://natmus.dk/besoeg-museerne/liselund/

There are frescoed churches too and Stege town is nice.

If I were you, I´d just give it a go, perhaps, if considered necessary, leaving some of the members of your group on the ridge area, which includes some facilities - maybe with a picnic basket ? :-)

B&Bs probably starts at DKK 450/doubles (?).

Joen

Edited: 6:11 am, June 06, 2012
Bridgewater, New...
Level Contributor
72 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day trip from Copenhagen

Thanks Joen. As you suggested, we can plan to leave some members near geo center and others can move around.

I was giving the Stengårdsvej 8, 4791 Borre (address of geo center) but now i tried giving Møns Klint and it does pop up but still i get the same message as down.

I tried for today and also for saturday, sunday from copenhagen station.

Nogle stationer og stoppesteder har ingen trafik på lørdage eller søndage. Prøv at søge igen med angivelse af en hverdag for at se om det er årsagen.

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
5,029 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day trip from Copenhagen

ok, the message is indeed that there is no connection for this stop on the mentioned day. I´d assume there would be later in the summer holiday season ....

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
5,029 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Day trip from Copenhagen

OK, the geocenter site mentions that some public buses can be a "telebus", meaning that you have to book by phone

moensklint.dk/geocentermoensklintuk/general-… (includes phone number for telebus)

perhaps also call the Geocenter or Stege tourist office.

Joeb

Bridgewater, New...
Level Contributor
72 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Day trip from Copenhagen

Thanks Joeb. I thought it was already summer :-)

I shall go to the central station and ask from help desk for schedules.

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
5,029 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Day trip from Copenhagen

Hi,

I think you will save time by using the phone lines I mentioned. The Central St. people don´t necessarily know the details of Møn.

Joen

Dublin, Ireland
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Day trip from Copenhagen

Very helpful thread. I'll be in Denmark next week... do you have any idea how much the telebus from CPH would cost?

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
5,029 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Day trip from Copenhagen

Hi,

you only call for a Telebus on Møn locally, it is not for the whole trip Copenhagen - Møn.

An ordinary ticket Copenhagen - Stege (the "capital" of Møn) is DKK 151,- one way, cf. the www.rejseplanen.dk site.

I´m not sure from exactly where on Møn you will have to embark the telebus, it is not necessarily going to be from Stege. I suggest that you call the numbers above, or the Stege tourist office, (+45) 5586 0400

A rough guess for the whole CPH - Møns Klint one-way would be around DKK 200,-

Joen

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
5,029 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Day trip from Copenhagen

Another option is to go by ordinary public transport CPH -> Stege -> Klintholm, which is much closer to Møns Klint than Stege, 5-10 kms (maybe the telebus actually goes from there).

Public transprt CPH -> Klintholm is less than 2 1/2 hours, cf. www.rejseplanen.dk

According to websites, it is possible to rent bicycles in Klintholm, which will give you more freedom to tour the area, and make it possible to visit Liselund etc.The road ascent to the cliffs from Klintholm by bike is steep, though. I haven´t found a specific phone number for the bikes at Klintholm. One would have to call the tourist office in Stege and get the details there, and obtain a confirmed reservation of bicycles in Klintholm.

Cycling all the way from Stege (which definitely has bicycle rental) to Møns Klint and back on the same day will constitute a very squeezed programme and only be for those physically fit (2 x 25 quite hilly kms, especially at Borre and the cliffs).

Joen

Edited: 1:09 am, June 18, 2012
Reply to: Day trip from Copenhagen
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Moen