We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How long do you need to see Legoland?

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
157 posts
112 reviews
Save Topic
How long do you need to see Legoland?

I have been told that Legoland is actually quite small. We aren't getting into Vejle until 11pm the night before so I don't want to drag everyone out of bed too early if only a couple of hours are needed. We will need to leave about 3pm to ensure we are on the train to Copenhagen.

Many thanks

Mentioned in this post
Hotel LEGOLAND
Hotel LEGOLAND
1,506 Reviews
Billund, Denmark
Vejle
Vejle
South Jutland, Denmark
Copenhagen
Copenhagen
Zealand, Denmark
Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How long do you need to see Legoland?

I would say minimum 3 hours.

Hans

Level Contributor
3 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How long do you need to see Legoland?

Get there as early you can. 5-6 hours are easily spend there.

Pori, Finland
Level Contributor
26 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How long do you need to see Legoland?

We were there all day from opening to closing (3 adults, 15 year old boy and 2,5 year toddler). If you want just to see the park then 2-3 hours would be enough, but if you want to go to the rides/ visit the aquarium/ watch the lego 4D movie then get there when it opens.

I´m pregnant so I could only go to suitable-for-all rides, but it was still fun as they pay a lot of attention to details so there´s a lot to see. :) The more active ones in my group also liked the water attractions. They have interactive map on their homepage, maybe you can see beforehand what interest you? :)

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
129 posts
628 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How long do you need to see Legoland?

I have been to several LEGOLAND parks and although they are different, the amount of time you need to spend in them depends on a few factors. If you are with younger kids (less than 4 years old), you will not be allowed on 100% of the rides - and the rides that you will be able to do are usually not the busiest ones, so it is quite doable to arrive around 10am and wrap things up around 3 or 4pm, while having enough time for lunch, enjoy the water activities and some of the play areas. If the kids are a little bit older, the wait time at each rides tend to be a little bit longer, as they are "higher thrill" attractions

Mentioned in this post
Hotel LEGOLAND
Hotel LEGOLAND
1,506 Reviews
Billund, Denmark
San Rafael...
Level Contributor
3 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How long do you need to see Legoland?

I am planning to spend most of the day in LegoLand. Is there any benefit to buying a train ticket back to Copenhagen online now, a month in advance? If it is significantly cheaper, I guess I would buy now. If the price is the same (or close in price), I may as well wait until I am done in the park, take the bus, and arrive back at the train station, then simply buy a ticket on the next available train. Then I don't have to worry about either rushing and missing my scheduled train, or finishing sooner than expected and waiting a few hours for the evening train. Seat reservation isn't important and it looks like discount "orange" tickets are no longer available.

Mentioned in this post
Hotel LEGOLAND
Hotel LEGOLAND
1,506 Reviews
Billund, Denmark
Copenhagen
Copenhagen
Zealand, Denmark
Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How long do you need to see Legoland?

Only 'orange' tickets will give you a discount.

7. Re: How long do you need to see Legoland?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:15 am, September 27, 2015