We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi from Legoland to Vejle

Which Billund hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Marlton, New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,072 posts
656 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi from Legoland to Vejle

I know we have to get to Vejle to get the train to Copenhagen. Would it be very expensive to get a taxi from Legoland to Vejle? I am afraid that I may get confused with all the buses and miss the train. Also if we take the train to Copenhagen, is it possible to make a brief stop in Odense? Do we buy our tickets in advance? If so when do we buy for 10 July trip? Thank you

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi from Legoland to Vejle

A taxi should cost approx. DKK 350.

You can't make a stop in Odense. If you want to do you have to buy separate tickets Vejle-Odense and Odense-Copenhagen.

Tickets can be booked 2 months in advance, but not necessary.

Hans

Marlton, New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,072 posts
656 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi from Legoland to Vejle

Thank you, Hans. I think we will take a taxi to the airport from Legoland and then we should be okay as long as we know where we have to walk to catch the train. I thought I saw on one of the forums that you had to make sure to buy your tickets ahead of time. Is that for the trains?

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi from Legoland to Vejle

Train/metro from Copenhagen Airport to the city? Yes, you have to buy a ticket before you board the train/metro.

Hans

Pittsburgh...
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi from Legoland to Vejle

We too are planning a trip to Denmark in mid-August 2014. We are a group of 4 adults and 2 kids. Our stay in Legoland is fixed at the Legoland Hotel, but I was wondering about the transfer from Copenhagen to Legoland.

I know that we have to take a train from Copenhagen station (is this different from the airport station?) to Vejle, then a bus to Billund.

My question is that is it necessary to buy train+bus tickets and reserve seats in advance at http://www.rejseplanen.dk/, or can we do this when we arrive in Copenhagen (a few days before our Legoland trip). We would like to sit together, hence the question.

Thanks.

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi from Legoland to Vejle

You can book train tickets when you arrive in Copenhagen. Bus tickets can't be booked in advance.

Trains leave Central Station in the centre of Copenhagen next to Tivoli.

Hans

Pittsburgh...
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi from Legoland to Vejle

Thanks, Hans.

So it is possible to get 6 seats together even if we were to buy a few days before (as opposed to 6 weeks)? The trains are not crowded?

Thanks and regards.

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Taxi from Legoland to Vejle

Maybe 6 seats together is not possible.

Hans

Pittsburgh...
3 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Taxi from Legoland to Vejle

Thanks, Hans.

We will take your advice and buy in advance.

Mosta, Malta
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Taxi from Legoland to Vejle

Hi, how much is the bus ticket from billund airport to Vejle in August? and how much is a taxi to the same destination? Thanks so that I can compare.

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Taxi from Legoland to Vejle

A bus ticket costs DKK 60 now. A taxi should cost approx. DKK 350.

Hans