We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Should I drive from Copenhagen to legoland

Which Billund hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Belfast, United...
2 posts
Save Topic
Should I drive from Copenhagen to legoland

Hi,

I am coming to copenhagen with my family for a medical conference. We would like to drive to legoland and have some fun. Would you recommend driving, flying or training. If driving is the answer then waht are the roads and drivers like. We are from the UK and drive on the left usually!

Thank you in advance.

California
Level Contributor
76 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Should I drive from Copenhagen to legoland

Our vacation last summer took us from Copenhagen to LegoLand. It would help to know how many kids, what ages, etc. and how much time you have. But I'll give you what I encountered - we used train/bus going in and rented a car coming back as we toured Denmark a bit before returning to Copenhagen.

General advice on trains - if you have a large family or small kids the luggage, on/off speed, etc. can be tricky but managed.

In this case the train doesn't go all the way to Billund, but you catch a bus from the station over to Billund. Taxis seemed easy to call or use once there for us.

The airport is not far from LegoLand and walking distance to a good, simple hotel. Again - taxi's are fairly easy to use.

If you have kids or are packing a lot of items and don't fly...I'd vote car for mobility - roads are all good, traffic was reasonable - great touring countryside. I say that not knowing how easy you convert to right side driving...

What I would not do is travel and try to do legoland in the same day - it is easily a full day of fun and depending on ages of your kids and appreciation for lego engineering could be two days at a relaxed pace.

Prices on hotels are very reasonable outside of Legoland or you can pay for that park side view - book ahead though to get good deals. TripAdvisor information was accurate for our stay.

Belfast, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Should I drive from Copenhagen to legoland

Many thanks,

Will hire a car as time is short. We are planning to spend two days in legoland. Thank you for your advice.

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Should I drive from Copenhagen to legoland

Please note that there is a toll bridge across the Great Belt - DKK 220 each way.

http://www.storebaelt.dk/english

Hans

4. Re: Should I drive from Copenhagen to legoland

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:09 am, February 22, 2011