We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Copenhagen to Aero

New York
11 posts
Save Topic
Copenhagen to Aero

What is the best way to get from Copenhagen to Aero? I know there is a ferry from Svendborg, so I suppose my question is really, what is the best way to get from Copenhagen to Svendborg? Is there a direct train? And about how long does it take? Finally, would it be worth renting a car and driving instead?

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
1,558 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Copenhagen to Aero

The trip takes about 2 hours and 20 minutes - you either go by train to Odense and then continue on a local train to Svendborg or you get off the train at Nyborg and continue by bus.

You can look up connections here:

www.rejseplanen.dk

Renting a car is not cheap in Denmark - gas is very expensive and you have to pay to cross the bridge between Sjælland and Fyn - it's 215dkr each way.

If you do rent a car be sure to get a reservation for the ferry crossing.

New York
11 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Copenhagen to Aero

Thanks. What would you suggest is the best way to get from the airport to the train station? I am thinking that we might go to Odense/Aero first and then return to Copenhagen.

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
1,558 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Copenhagen to Aero

Every third train leaving the airport goes to Odense - if you want a stopover just grab any train from the airport they run every 20 minutes - the trip to the central station tages 23 minutes.

The direct train to Odense leaves the airport at 40 minutes past the hour.

New York
11 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Copenhagen to Aero

Great! Thanks so much!

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
1,558 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Copenhagen to Aero

Small correction: It's only a 13 minute ride between the airport and Copenhagen central.

Finland
Destination Expert
for Helsinki, Finland
Level Contributor
5,138 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Copenhagen to Aero

Another correction, trains between Airport and Copenhagen C go every 10 mins (during normal hours).

7. Re: Copenhagen to Aero

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:29 am, November 15, 2009