We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bornholm islands - From Stockholm or Copenhaggen?

Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Topic
Bornholm islands - From Stockholm or Copenhaggen?

Hello - We are a group of 4 Indians visiting Europe for NYE.

We are planning to leave Stockholm on 28/Dec late evening and should be at Amsterdam by 31/Dec afternoon. So I have 29/Dec full day , 30/Dec till late evening and confused on the itinerary.

Can i go to Copenhaggen on 29/Dec and take a day trip to Bornholm islands and return the same night back?

Or is it advisable to directly go Bornholm islands from Stockholm on 29/Dec, stay overnight and come back the next day for Copenhaggen.

How do I get to Bornholm islands from Stockholm / Copenhaggen, I tried looking it up but unable to find something concentre . Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Chendur

2 replies to this topic
Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
1,571 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Bornholm islands - From Stockholm or Copenhaggen?

With such a limited schedule, I'd suggest to skip Bornholm and spend more than a few hours in Copenhagen.

I mean you could go there en route if you have a car?

There are also flights from Copenhagen airport to Bornholm.

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
240 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Bornholm islands - From Stockholm or Copenhaggen?

From where are you flying to Amsterdam?

It would be a very tight schedule to get too Bornholm, but it could be done if you have a car. But you need at least one night on Bornholm.

To go to Bornholm from Stockholm you should drive a car to Ystad and take the car ferry from there to Rønne on Bornholm. And same way back and onewards to Copenhagen via the bridge. Or the ferry directly to Køge south of Copenhagen from Rønne.

But I would say: Bornholm is not such an interesting place to go in December. It's gourgous in summertime (May to September). But much is shot down in wintertime.

So I would say: Skip Bornholm and go enjoy Copenhagen instead.

Reply to: Bornholm islands - From Stockholm or Copenhaggen?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted